Genesys Softphone Release Notes
|Release Date||Release Type||Restrictions||AIX||Linux||Mac||Solaris||Windows|
This release contains the following new features and enhancements:
- You can now configure Genesys Softphone to play an audio alert when a new call is distributed to an agent who is currently handling another call. The following options are added to enable this feature:
- callwait_tone_enabled in the session section of the policy domain.
- callwait_tone_file in the session section of the policy domain.
- Genesys Softphone now supports VMware Horizon 8 for workstations running on the HP ThinPro OS. To support this new environment, a new Genesys Softphone VDI Adapter dedicated to VMware Horizon on ThinPro OS is available. The VMware Horizon on ThinPro component is deployed as a plugin to the VMware Horizon Client installed on the Agent workstation. For more detailed information and a list of all supported operating systems, refer to the Genesys Softphone page in the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide. (SOFTPHONE-1194)
- Genesys Softphone can now be installed as a 64-bit process on supported Windows 64-bit Operating Systems. (SOFTPHONE-1188)
This release contains the following resolved issues:
When Genesys Softphone Transport is configured to use TCP or TLS to transport SIP messages, it now detects the connectivity error as soon as the connection establishment fails. Previously, Genesys Softphone was required to wait until the SIP Register Timeout occurred, typically after 4 to 32 seconds, to detect the connection error and retry the connection. (SOFTPHONE-1258)
No special procedure is required to upgrade to release 9.0.020.10.