Agent Login And Authentication
Agent login is a two-step process:
- User authentication in the primary login dialog box
- Selection of Place and advanced parameters in the secondary login dialog box, when it is required
Interaction Workspace enhances the security of your system by limiting agent login to basic authentication. Interaction Workspace further enhances security by enabling you to limit the choices that are presented to an agent at login.
When Interaction Workspace is launched by an agent, the agent must provide a user name and password as authentication. After authentication the Configuration Layer is accessed by Interaction Workspace to obtain the list of existing places and privileges that are granted to the agent as well as the configuration of the Interaction Workspace application for that agent.
Genesys 8 requires that each agent connect to a unique Place. After authentication, the agent must specify a Place. The default Place that is specified by the agent is displayed in the Place field of the secondary login dialog box. Place information is stored locally and is provided to the agent for confirmation. Agents can be configured to specify a Place other than their default Place.
Specification of Advanced Login Parameters
Advanced login parameters are defined by the privileges that are assigned to a particular agent. The privileges assigned to a particular agent, therefore, determine which advanced parameters, if any, are displayed in the secondary login dialog box. The Place that is specified by an agent also determines the advanced login parameters that is available to be specified by the agent. For example, if the Place is associated with a voice channel, the agent must also provide login and queue information for each assigned DN. Other advanced parameters that might be required include SIP phone numbers. Advanced parameters can be preset for agents--making it unnecessary for the agent to specify advanced parameters.
Application Options that Control Login
Use the following application options in the interaction-workspace section to control agent login:
- login.default-place--Specifies the default Place that is proposed to the authenticated agent at login.
- login.enable-place-completion--Enables the name of the Place to be completed as the agent types.
- login.im.can-unactivate-channel--Specifies whether the agent can select and deselect (activate and deactivate) IM channels.
- login.im.prompt-agent-login-id--Specifies whether the agent can select a login id from the configured ones for the IM channel in the login window.
- login.im.prompt-dn-password--If applicable, prompts for the IM channel password in the secondary login dialog box.
- login.im.prompt-queue--If applicable, prompts for the ACD Queue in the secondary login dialog box.
- login.prompt-place--Specifies whether the agent must enter a place in the login window.
- login.store-recent-place--Specifies whether the most recently used Place on the workstation is stored and displayed for the agent at the next login.
- login.voice.can-unactivate-channel--Specifies whether the agent can select and deselect (activate and deactivate) voice channels.
- login.voice.prompt-agent-login-id--Specifies whether the agent can select a login id from those configured for the voice channel in the login window.
- login.voice.prompt-dn-less-phone-number--Specifies whether a DN-less phone number is prompted for in the login window. This option is specific to the SIP Server environment.
- login.voice.prompt-dn-password--If applicable, prompts for the DN password in the secondary login dialog box.
- login.voice.prompt-queue--If applicable, prompts for the ACD Queue in the secondary login dialog box.
- login.workmode--Specifies the work mode that is applied when the user of the voice DN logs in. If set to auto-in, the agent is automatically in Ready state. If set to manual-in, the agent must manually activate the Ready state. To determine whether your switch supports the work mode, refer to the Deployment Guide of the relevant T-Server.
- login.<media-type>.can-unactivate-channel--Specifies whether the agent can select and deselect (activate and deactivate) particular channels.
- login.<media-type>.is-auto-ready--Specifies whether the indicated workitem channel is automatically set to the Ready state at login.