Deploy Genesys Pulse Collector
Genesys Pulse Collector connects directly to Stat Server to collect statistics for contact center objects. Genesys Pulse Collector also accesses the database that stores reporting layouts. Genesys Pulse Collector accesses the database through DB Server which can be either embedded or external. See Configure Embedded DB Server for more details.
- Upload Genesys Pulse Collector Installation Package and Template:
- In GAX, go to Administration > Installation Packages and click on the plus sign.
- Select Installation Package Upload (template uploaded separately) and click Next.
- For Upload a Package, select the zipped file that contains the Genesys Pulse Collector Installation Package (Genesys Pulse Collector IP). The zip file should have in its root the files from the IP folder (such as ip_description.xml and read_me.html).
- For Upload an XML template, select the XML Template file (Collector.xml from the Templates Installation Package directory).
- For Upload an APD template, select the APD Template file (Collector.apd from Templates Installation Package directory).
- Click Finish.
- Deploy the Genesys Pulse Collector Installation Package and Template:
- Click on the Genesys Pulse Collector Installation Package to open the Properties tab.ImportantThe Genesys Pulse Collector Installation Package status should be Complete.
- Click on the Related icon (configuration icon) and choose Install to open the IP Deployment Wizard.
- Fill required fields and finish the installation. ImportantThe InstallPath should point to an empty folder where you plan to install Genesys Pulse Collector.TipYou can also install Genesys Pulse Collector directly on the server by executing the Genesys Pulse Collector installation procedure from the Genesys Pulse Collector installation package, then uploading the Genesys Pulse Collector template (Collector.apd) using Configuration Manager.
- Click on the Genesys Pulse Collector Installation Package to open the Properties tab.
- Optional: To change the default options for Genesys Pulse Collector in GAX, open the Genesys Pulse Collector Application object modify the values of configuration options described in Genesys Pulse Collector Application Object.
- For a high-availability (HA) deployment, repeat step 2 to install the backup instance to another server. You need a Genesys Pulse Collector for each instance of the Genesys Pulse application. Configure another Collector Application object for each Primary and set it as Backup Server in the General Tab in the options of the Primary Collector application. Choose the Redundancy Type to be Hot Standby.ImportantThe Genesys Pulse HA configuration changed in release 8.5.104. In release 8.5.103, Genesys Pulse Collectors do not use Primary and Backup servers for HA. Instead, Genesys Pulse mirrors the load between Collectors if more than one is configured and connected to Genesys Pulse.
This means that in HA configurations, each widget is processed by two different Collectors. If you have only two Collectors, then all widgets are processed by both Collectors.
- In GAX, add the Genesys Pulse Collector Application object to the connections of your Genesys Pulse Application object.
- For a load-balanced environment configuration with two Genesys Pulse applications, associate all instances of Genesys Pulse with all primary instances of Genesys Pulse Collector.
- Create a new Database Access Point (DAP), which is necessary for connectivity to the Genesys Pulse database through the DB Server. ImportantGenesys Pulse Collector does not support Windows Authentication with MS SQL Server.
- Select the Default connection type.
- Specify Database Server Application object in DB Server field for an external DB Server or leave it as None to use an embedded version of the DB Server.
- Specify the connectivity parameters for your RDBMS.
- To use an external DB Server, select the Ports tab to change the default port value to the value of your DB Server port.
- In the connections of the Genesys Pulse Collector Application, add the DAP that is to be used by Genesys Pulse Collector.
- In the connections of the Genesys Pulse Collector Application, add the primary Stat Server application that is to be used by Genesys Pulse Collector.
- Add the Tenant objects to the Tenants tab for all Genesys Pulse Collectors that you plan to monitor in Genesys Pulse.