Configure Genesys Pulse Collector with an Embedded DB Server
When Genesys Pulse Collector runs an embedded DB Server, Genesys Pulse Collector does not require a separate DB Server instance to connect to Genesys Pulse database.
You can enable an embedded DB Server in Genesys Pulse Collector by setting the dbthread option in the [collector] section to yes.
The Database Access Point application object used by Genesys Pulse Collector should have None value specified in the DB Server field on the General tab.
Genesys Pulse Collector uses Genesys DB Clients, which require DBMS clients to be installed. Refer to Environment Settings for more information.
You should have the necessary clients installed if the following are true:
- You had Genesys DB Server installed on the host with Genesys Pulse Collector.
- Genesys DB Server and Genesys Pulse Collector are of the same architecture (32- or 64-bit).
- To use Oracle client 12.x. on Linux, set the Genesys Pulse Collector application option embedded-dbserver/oracle_name = ./dbclients_next/dbclient_oracle_64. Only the 64-bit version is supported.
Embedded DB Server Configuration Options
The embedded DB Server produces its own log messages. To control what goes to the log and where the log should be written add the [log-db] section to collector application options and add all options that usually go to the [log] section of the Genesys DB Server application.
If there is no [log-db] section specified in collector application options, the embedded DB Server log uses options found in [log] section, except for the following:
- The value for the verbose option is set to standard.
- The log is written to the file specified in the [log] section, with the -db suffix added.
- For Genesys Pulse Collector release 9.0.001.04 and earlier, Linux deployments running with an embedded DB Server fail to connect to the MS SQL Server database.
- Prior to release 9.0.001, Genesys Pulse Collector did not support Oracle 12 clients. For Genesys Pulse Collector release 9.0.000, in order to connect to an Oracle 12c database, the Oracle 11.2 client has to be installed on the Genesys Pulse Collector host.