Installing WFM Backup-Restore Utility
The Workforce Management (WFM) Backup-Restore Utility (BRU) configures the database you created (see Create Your WFM Database) to receive WFM data. If you are migrating from a previous version of Genesys Workforce Management (WFM), the WFM BRU also transfers your existing data into the new database.
ImportantIf you are migrating, see the "Workforce Management Migration Procedures" chapter in the Genesys Migration Guide for instructions. The procedures in this Administrator’s Guide are based on the assumption that this is a new installation and do not describe the steps that are necessary for migration.
Procedure: Installing the Backup-Restore Utility
Purpose: To install the WFM BRU.
Start of Procedure
- On your Workforce Management release disk, navigate to the solution_specific\WFMDatabaseUtility\windows directory.
- Double-click Setup.exe.
The Database Utility Installation Wizard opens.
- Click Next to start using the Database Utility Installation Wizard.
- Select the directory into which you want to install the WFM Backup-Restore Utility and then click Next.
- On the Ready to Install window, click Install.
A progress bar shows the setup status.
- Click Finish to close the Installation Wizard.
End of Procedure
Running the Backup-Restore Utility
The Backup-Restore Utility (BRU) command line utility is included in the WFM Database Utility Installation Package (IP). Use it to create a new database schema, update an existing schema, or to backup and restore the database. See Using the Backup-Restore Utility.
This page was last edited on September 27, 2017, at 17:15.
Comments or questions about this documentation? Contact us for support!