Installing WFM Backup-Restore Utility
The Workforce Management (WFM) Backup-Restore Utility (BRU) configures the database you created (see Create Your WFM Database) to receive WFM data. If you are migrating from a previous version of Genesys Workforce Management (WFM), the WFM BRU also transfers your existing data into the new database.
Procedure: Installing the Backup-Restore Utility
Purpose: To install the WFM BRU.
Start of Procedure
- On your Workforce Management release disk, navigate to the solution_specific\WFMDatabaseUtility\windows directory.
- Double-click Setup.exe.
The Database Utility Installation Wizard opens.
- Click Next to start using the Database Utility Installation Wizard.
- Select the directory into which you want to install the WFM Backup-Restore Utility and then click Next.
- On the Ready to Install window, click Install.
A progress bar shows the setup status.
- Click Finish to close the Installation Wizard.
End of Procedure
Running the Backup-Restore Utility
The Backup-Restore Utility (BRU) command line utility is included in the WFM Database Utility Installation Package (IP). Use it to create a new database schema, update an existing schema, or to backup and restore the database. See Using the Backup-Restore Utility.