Modifying a Key Action Report
You can modify a key action report to make corrections or to complete the Follow Up section. The key action and the result of action taken are the only non-editable data. When an existing key action report is opened, the alerts in the Alerts section display current values.
Access to the Alert Management module and the Action Management Report page is controlled by user roles defined by your administrator (role–based access). To edit a key action report using the following procedure, your role must include permissions to access the Alert Management module and the Action Management Report page.
Alerts added to an existing key action report are secondary alerts.
To modify a key action report:
- From the Alert Management module, select the Key Action Reports—Alerts view. The Key Action Reports pane appears on top.
- Click the Edit icon for a key action report. The Action Management Report page displays the key action report details.
- To remove an alert from a key action report, in the Alerts section clear the Assign to Key Action Report check box.
- Type the first few letters of the responsible assignee’s user name and select a name. The user name is displayed.
- Specify when the key action was performed in the Key Action Time, Date, and Time Zone fields. The time format is hh:mm using the 24-hour clock. The date format is MM/DD/YYYY or you can select a calendar by clicking the Calendar icon. The default is the current system time, date, and time zone of your server.
- Either select a cause from the Cause drop-down list or enter one in the Cause field. The cause name must be unique and is not case-sensitive.
- To make the cause you entered available for selection in the future from the drop-down list, select the Add to List? check box. The cause appears in the Causes table on the Administration Alert Causes page for an administrator to approve.
- Optionally, provide more details for the cause in the Alert Cause Description text box. An alert cause must be specified in order to enter a description.
- To make the key action you entered in the Key Action Taken field available for selection in the future from the Key Action Taken drop-down list, select the Add to List? check box. The key action taken appears in the Key Actions Taken table on the Administration Key Actions page for an administrator to approve.
- Optionally, provide more details for the key action in the Key Action Taken Description text box. A key action must be specified in order to enter a description.
- Enter a description of the positive or negative results of the action taken in the Lessons Learned text box.
- To rate the success of the action taken, select a rating from the Success Rating drop-down list.
- To save your information, click Save. The Action Management Report page closes and the Alert Management module appears. The key action report appears and is highlighted in the Key Action Reports pane.