Change Memory Allocation
Change Memory Allocation for Advisors Platform and Advisors Genesys Adapter
You should consider changing the memory allocation for Advisors Platform server and Advisors Genesys Adapter (AGA) if:
- the geronimo.log for the Advisors Suite server is reporting an out of memory error; set the heap size higher by editing the <install dir>/conf/advisors-server-wrapper.conf file.
- the AGA log is reporting an out of memory error; set the heap size higher by editing the <install dir>/conf/wrapper.conf file.
About a third down the file, change the following lines—the following memory settings are examples only and are not intended to be recommendations (actual settings would be based on hardware sizing for your environment):
# Initial Java Heap Size (in MB) wrapper.java.initmemory=128 # Maximum Java Heap Size (in MB) wrapper.java.maxmemory=1024
# Initial Java Heap Size (in MB) wrapper.java.initmemory=800 # Maximum Java Heap Size (in MB) wrapper.java.maxmemory=1200
If the log is reporting a PermGen out of memory error, increase the permanent generation memory by editing the following line in the same file:
This increase in PermGen memory is normally required only when Advisors Platform or AGA uses a 64-bit JVM. The most memory you can allocate to wrapper.java.maxmemory under 32-bit Windows is 1600 MB, but with 64-bit Windows, much larger values can be used.
If the problem persists, experiment with higher values; however, the service may fail to start if it is unable to allocate all of the memory requested from the operating system. This will be noticeable if the server fails to start (reports an error during start).
Changing Memory Allocation in Other Environments
If you are not running Advisors in a Windows environment, or prefer to run Advisors from the command line instead of as a service, then you should make any necessary memory allocation changes by editing the setenv.sh or setenv.bat file appropriate for your platform as described below.
- Edit the setenv.sh file contained in your Geronimo bin directory for Linux-based environments, or the setenv.bat file for Windows-based environments if not running Advisors as a service.
- Change the Java JVM memory-related arguments as described above. For example:
export GERONIMO_OPTS="-ms800m -mx1200m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m ...
When you specify memory allocation in the setenv.sh file, you should comment out the following block in <Advisors>/geronimo-tomcat6-minimal-2.2.1/bin/geronimo.sh:
if [ -z "$JAVA_OPTS" ]; then JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx256m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m" fi
- For more information on these arguments, or other JVM options, see http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/tools/windows/java.html for Windows environments or http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/tools/solaris/java.html for Linux environments.
Change Memory Allocation for CCAdv XML Generator
You can configure memory allocation for XML Generator in the following file: <XMLGen>/startup.sh