Configure Administrative Actions Logs
All administration actions carried out in the Advisors environment are logged. The following sections give information about how the logging should be configured.
The following modules have administrative logging available:
- Advisors Administration for Contact Center Advisor and Workforce Advisor
- Advisors Genesys Adapter
- Configuration Server, for actions on objects used by Contact Center Advisor and Workforce Advisor.
- Frontline Advisor Administration
- Resource Management Administration
- Alert Management
- Action Management
Changes to contact groups that are made when contact groups are imported from a WFM system are not captured by this logging functionality.
The following information about each action is logged:
- A timestamp of when the action’s data was saved in the format specified by the log configuration properties. (See Configuring the Audit Logs below.)
- The username of the user who performed the action.
- The properties or relationships of the object that are being changed by the action, showing their values both before and after the action.
- Whether the action succeeded or not.
The audit logs are separate files written in the directory that contains the Geronimo logs. This directory is:
The audit log is configured by log4j properties in Geronimo's server-log4j.properties file, which is located in this directory:
Sample log4j Appender
The following information is the definition of the appender that configures the audit logs.
The appender ensures the log file names indicate the day on which they were written. If more than one file is written per day, then the name also indicates the order in which the file was produced on that day. For example:
- MaxFileSize of 10 MB—Indicates that the largest size of any individual log file is 10 MB.
- MaxBackupIndexOf3—Indicates that on any day, a maximum of three files will be written. If more than that are actually produced, the oldest ones will be deleted.