Genesys Designer Help
- This help content is intended for the latest 8.5 release of the Designer software. If you are using an earlier release, some features and options that are described in this document might differ from what is available in your version.
- If you are using Designer version 9.0, you will find the help topics for that release in the Designer section of the PureEngage Cloud Administrator's Guide (you can check your version of Designer in the top-right corner of the Designer interface).
- Contact your Genesys representative if you have questions about features that are available in your version of the software.
Welcome to the Genesys Designer Help. Genesys Designer is a web-based tool for developing Self Service (Interactive Voice Response, or IVR) applications and Assisted Service (Routing) applications that run on the Genesys platform.
What's in this Guide?
This guide introduces you to the Genesys Designer user interface and explains concepts and procedures to help you use this software in your contact center.
If you are new to Designer, or you just need a quick refresher on key concepts, refer to the Genesys Designer Quick Start Guide.
Once you have mastered the concepts in the Quick Start Guide, take a look through this Help to learn about the following topics:
- Getting Started - This chapter introduces you to Designer and explains the user interface, security permissions, application phases, and how to save and publish your applications.
- Using the Navigation Bar - This chapter explains the menus that you can access in the Navigation Bar.
- Using Blocks - This chapter provides reference information for the blocks that you can use with your applications.