Special Day Block
You can use the Special Day block in the Initialize, Self Service, or Assisted Service phase to define holidays and other special days, and play prompts to announce closures or greetings. It can also terminate the call if your business is closed.
Click Add Holiday to add a holiday. A holiday entitled New appears in the list.
Next, click the New holiday to edit its settings. Configure the following options:
- In the Date Range section, use the provided calendars to select the From and To dates for the holiday.
- Assign a variable to the Store the result of Special Day Name in this variable property if you want to use the result of this check later in application. If specified, the variable is assigned the Boolean value of true or false.
- Enable the Play prompt for this holiday check box to play a special greeting to callers during a holiday.
Default Prompts tab
Click Add Prompt to specify a prompt to play if the application receives a call on a special day, and that particular day does not have a custom prompt.
You can select a variable that will be set to true if any of the special days listed in the block evaluate to true.
You can also select a variable that will be set to true if the special days evaluation processing completed correctly. If it did not, it will be set to false.
If you want to:
- Play a special greeting during Thanksgiving.
- Click Add Holiday and set the From and To dates.
- Enable the Play prompt for this holiday check box.
- Select TTS and enter text to speak, or select Announcement to choose a predefined announcement.
- Play the same greeting for all holidays.
- Click Add Holiday and create one or more holidays.
- Do not enable the Play prompt for this holiday check box.
- In the Default Prompts tab, add prompts to the table.