|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Exporting Rules Packages
You can export an entire rule package containing the rule definitions, business calendars, and references to the templates and versions that the rule package is dependent on, to an .XML file.
It is not necessary to export the rule templates if you are exporting to the same system (for example, backing up or restoring a rule package) or to an equivalent system (for example, a lab versus a production environment). However, if you are moving the rule package to a new system or sending it to Genesys for service, you should export both the rule templates and the rule packages so that, when imported, all referenced templates are available in the target system.
Refer to Exporting Rule Templates for details on how to export rule templates.
Exporting rule packages enables you to do the following:
- Copy an entire rules configuration from a test environment to a production environment.
- Perform a backup of the entire rules configuration before performing a Genesys Rules System upgrade.
To export a rule package:
- Select the Tenant to which the rule package belongs from the drop-down list.
- In the left navigation, select the correct node (the level at which the rule package was defined).
- Click Export Rule Package. The selected rule package is exported to a single .xml file.