Creating Linear Rules
Follow these steps to create a linear rule:
- Navigate to the rule package to which the new rule will belong in the Explorer Tree (verify that you have selected the correct Tenant from the Tenant drop-down list). Navigate to the correct node of the business structure under the rule package, which will define the node at which your linear rule will be created. If you create the linear rule at the rule package level, it will be a global rule. Select the node in the Explorer Tree and click the Rules tab.
- Click New Linear Rule.
- In the Rule Summary, the ID field is populated automatically. It cannot be edited.
- Enter a Name for the rule (for example, Gold).
- Enter a brief Description for the rule (for example, If the customer is a Gold member, then increase the priority).
- Select the Phase at which this rule will be applied (classification, prioritization, or archiving for iWD. Refer to the Genesys Rules System Deployment Guide for more information about phases).
- Select the Business Calendar to use with this rule (optional).
- The Pending Snapshot field is displayed with a tick symbol indicating that the contents of this rule have not yet been included in a package snapshot. See Deployment for details of how to work with snapshots.
- Enter a Start Date and an End Date for the rule (optional). If the End Date is earlier than the current date, the rule is marked with a flag ( ) to indicate that the rule is out of date.
- In the lower panel, fill in the When and Then rows.
- To add a Condition (When), click Add Condition and select from the list (for example, a condition for this scenario might be When the customer is a Gold member). The rule condition includes the name of the rule template from which the condition is derived.
- To add an Action (Then), click Add Action and select from the list (for example, an action for this scenario might be Increase the priority by 100). The rule action includes the name of the rule template from which the action is derived.
- Insert values for the parameters into the table under the Condition and Action columns. Depending on how the parameters were configured by the rule template developer in GRDT, there may be constraints on the values that can be entered.
- Click Validate to validate the syntax of the linear rule. The Validate option appears in the drop-down located in the lower left side of panel.
- Click Save to save your changes.
ImportantThe maximum limit of 6 segments (text plus variables) on Conditions or Actions in linear rules has been increased to 9 in release 8.5.303. An error message is displayed if this limit is breached.
ImportantWhen you make any modifications to the body of a rule, you "lock" the rule, which prevents others from being able to make changes to the same rule at the same time. The unsaved icon will appear on the rule summary to alert you that you need to save your changes. For any other user, the locked icon appears on the rule summary and the Save and Cancel buttons are disabled. In addition, other users are unable to make changes to the rule because it is marked "read only".
When editing rules, be careful not to clear your browsing history or cookie data, as this might cause the rule to be stuck in a locked state. Unsaved changes could be lost.
This page was last modified on 28 April 2017, at 04:07.