Creating Linear Rules
Follow these steps to create a linear rule:
- Navigate to the rule package to which the new rule will belong in the left navigation (verify that you have selected the correct Tenant from the Tenant drop-down list). Navigate to the correct node of the business structure under the rule package, which will define the node at which your linear rule will be created. If you create the linear rule at the rule package level, it will be a global rule. Select the node in the left navigation and click the Rules tab.
- Click New Linear Rule.
- In the Rule Summary, the ID field is populated automatically. It cannot be edited.
- Enter a Name for the rule (for example, Gold).
- Enter a brief Description for the rule (for example, If the customer is a Gold member, then increase the priority).
- Select the Phase at which this rule will be applied (classification, prioritization, or archiving for iWD. Refer to the Genesys Rules System Deployment Guide for more information about phases).
- Select the Business Calendar to use with this rule (optional).
- The Pending Snapshot field is displayed with a tick symbol indicating that the contents of this rule have not yet been included in a package snapshot. See Deployment for details of how to work with snapshots.
- Enter a Start Date and an End Date for the rule (optional). If the End Date is earlier than the current date, a warning indicate that the rule is out of date.
- In the lower panel, fill in the When and Then rows.
- To add a Condition (When), click Add Condition and select from the list (for example, a condition for this scenario might be When the customer is a Gold member). The rule condition includes the name of the rule template from which the condition is derived.
- To add an Action (Then), click Add Action and select from the list (for example, an action for this scenario might be Increase the priority by 100). The rule action includes the name of the rule template from which the action is derived.
- Insert values for the parameters into the table under the Condition and Action columns. Depending on how the parameters were configured by the rule template developer, there may be constraints on the values that can be entered.
- Click Validate to validate the syntax of the linear rule. The Validate option appears in the More menu.
- Click Save to save your changes.
ImportantThe maximum number of segments (text plus variables) on Conditions or Actions in linear rules is 9. An error message is displayed if this limit is breached.
When editing rules, be careful not to clear your browsing history or cookie data, as unsaved changes could be lost.
This page was last edited on August 30, 2019, at 20:05.