Operational Parameter Management
Operational Parameter Management enables the creation of parameters that can be used in parameterized Routing Strategies, in which the values of the parameters are defined at runtime and integrated into the call flow. In most cases, parameter creation and assignment proceeds as follows:
- The Solution Provider defines the parameters by specifying the type of parameter and a name that can be referenced in a strategy.
- The Solution Provider groups parameters into a Parameter Group Template. A parameter can be associated with one or more templates.
- The Solution Provider deploys Parameter Group Templates to one or more Tenants.
- The tenant administrator, or a user with the appropriate roles and permissions, then enters values for the parameters in the Parameter Group, enabling control of active strategies. Genesys Administrator Extension stores those values in the Configuration Database as part of a Transaction object.
- The Universal Routing Server Application object (or any other interaction routing application such as GVP) executes a Routing Strategy to read those values and integrate them into the call flow. Orchestration Server and GVP Media Server Application objects are also supported.
In select cases, a Tenant may create its own Routing Strategy. The Solution Provider then grants the Tenant permission to define parameters and create the Group templates. Provide a tenant all the required privileges to create parameters, group templates, and deploy groups (refer to Genesys Administrator Extension Role Privileges).
Operational Parameter Management can be used to update a parameter group after it has been deployed. You can add, remove, re-order, and modify parameters that have already been deployed to a parameter group. All modifications are tracked as part of the audit trail.
Objects and strategies can be associated with specific Parameter Group Templates to ensure that they are not deployed with the incorrect objects or strategies. Operational Parameter Management provides a view of all of the objects and strategies that are associated with a specific Parameter Group so that you know where the objects are used, including information about Tenant ownership and associated applications and scripts.
You can specify the application type or the specific application object for which the Parameter Group Template is compatible. If the type is set, it becomes a permanent attribute of the application. If there are multiple simple-routing-type routing scripts in the system, you can specify that only one matches the Parameter Group Template and is therefore compatible, rather than all scripts of a type.
When you create the Parameter Group Template, you can select an existing application of a particular type to associate the Parameter Group Template with the application. This ensures that the correct applications are deployed at deployment time.
Operational Parameter Management can be used to deploy parameters that can be used by Genesys Voice Platform (GVP) and other VXML applications. You can use Operational Parameter Management to deploy a set of parameters to create a new Configuration Layer object that is associated with a specified VXML application that is used by GVP.
Operational Parameter Management can also be used to deploy parameters that can be used by Orchestration Applications (SCXML).