This section describes the architecture of Genesys Administrator Extension as it resides in the User Interface Layer of the Genesys Framework, and the architecture and connections within a Genesys Administrator Extension configuration.
User Interface Layer
Genesys Administrator Extension resides in the User Interaction Layer of the Genesys Framework. This Layer provides comprehensive user interfaces to:
- Configure, monitor, and control the management environment.
- Perform specific tasks related to Solution Deployment, Operational Parameter Management, Audio Resource Management, Account Management, and License Usage Reporting (in GAX 8.1.301 releases or lower).
The figure below illustrates how the User Interaction Layer is positioned within the Framework architecture.
The User Interaction Layer provides centralized web-based functionality and interfaces for the following:
- Remote deployment of Genesys components by using the Genesys Deployment Agent (a Management Layer component).
- Configuration, monitoring, and control of applications and solutions.
The figure below shows a more detailed diagram of the architecture of Genesys Administrator Extension.
- The browser-based Genesys Administrator Extension includes a comprehensive user interface to perform tasks that are related to Solution Deployment, Operational Parameter Management, Audio Resource Management, Account Management, and License Usage Reporting (for GAX 8.1.301 releases or lower).
- Currently, Genesys Administrator and Genesys Administrator Extension are the only components in the User Interaction Layer.
- Genesys Administrator Extension:
- Communicates with the Configuration Server (a Configuration Layer component) to exchange configuration data.
- Uses the GAX Database to store non-configuration information, such as operational parameter templates and audio resource metadata.
- Reads license utilization information from the LRM Database to generate License Usage reports (in GAX 8.1.301 releases or lower).
- Uses Sound eXchange (SoX) to encode audio files.
- Sends encoded audio files to the Audio Resource Manager (ARM) Storage. From the ARM storage, the ARM Web Server distributes them to GVP Media Servers.
- Reads the Genesys IPs in Solution Deployment (ASD) storage to remotely deploy solutions to Hosts on which Local Control Agent is installed, and the Genesys Deployment Agent is running.
- Genesys Administrator:
- Communicates with the Configuration Server (a Configuration Layer component) to exchange configuration information.
- Communicates with the Solution Control Server (a Management Layer component) to exchange status, operations, and control information.
- Reads logs from the Centralized Log Database (a Management Layer component).
- Provides the web services for Genesys Administrator Extension.
- Uploads IPs to ASD storage for use by Genesys Administrator Extension.
- Depending on the solutions that are deployed in the system, Genesys Administrator and Genesys Administrator Extension might also communicate with other back-end servers to retrieve solution-specific information.
|Note: Both TCP/IP v4 and TCP/IP v6 communications are supported between GAX and other Genesys components.|
Genesys Administrator Extension can be deployed as a single instance or in a load-balanced environment. The left figure below shows how Genesys Administrator Extension connects with its modular components. The right figure below shows the connections that Genesys Administrator Extension makes to other components in a load-balanced environment. When deployed in a load-balanced environment, Genesys Administrator Extension is located in the Management Site.