The Genesys Administrator Extension web-based interface runs on a web application server. It is loaded into your browser each time that you open the website where you installed Genesys Administrator Extension. You then log in.
Logging in to Genesys Administrator Extension
- Configuration DB Server and Configuration Server are installed and running.
- An instance of a Genesys Administrator Extension Application object, configured as a server in Step 4 of Creating the necessary configuration objects for Genesys Administrator Extension, is connected to Configuration Server and running.
- Your browser and its windows are set to a resolution of 1024x768 or greater. If you are working in 1024x768, maximize the browser.
- The user logging in must have Read permission to their own User object and Read and Execute permissions on the Genesys Administrator Extension client object. Refer to the Genesys 8.0 Security Deployment Guide for information about permissions. Genesys Administrator Extension respects read-write permissions that are set for Environments and Tenants. You can only access those objects that you have permission to see.
- Start GAX by using Genesys Administrator.
- Navigate to the Application object for the GAX instance that you intend to start/log in to.
- Start the application by using the Start button in the icon bar.
- Open a web browser.
- Enter the following URL in the address bar of the browser:
where <Host name> is the name of the computer on which you installed Genesys Administrator Extension. The port number is the port that was defined when setting up Tomcat in Installing Tomcat.
- Log in to Genesys Administrator Extension with your assigned user name and password, and click Log in.
- Your account might be configured to set a new password the first time that you log in, or after a system administrator has reset your password. The Change Password dialog box is displayed:
- Enter a new password in the New Password field.
- Enter the same password in the Confirm Password field.
- Click OK.
If you get a permissions error, refer to Required Permissions for instructions.
Your login name and the tenant to which you are logged in is displayed in the top Header Bar of the Genesys Administrator Extension window. The time of your last login is displayed in the Preferences menu. See Preferences for more information.