Solution Control Server
Deploying Solution Control Server
To deploy Solution Control Server, do the following:
| 1. Configure a Solution Control Application object. [+] Show steps|
| 2. Install Solution Control Server. [+] Show steps|
WarningDuring installation on UNIX, all files are copied into the directory you specify. The install process does not create any subdirectories within this directory, so do not install different products into the same directory.
WarningGenesys does not recommend installation of its components via a Microsoft Remote Desktop connection. The installation should be performed locally.
As a result of the installation, the wizard adds Application icons to the:
Solution Control Server Utilities
Solution Control Server includes four utilities:
- ccgs.pl-Graceful Call Center T-Servers stop script.
- gstuckcalls utility and Stuck Calls detection and deletion scripts-To handle T-Server stuck calls and raise alarms.
- logmsg utility-To send log messages on behalf of applications.
- mlcmd utility-To send and receive information to and from Solution Control Server.
By default, the utilities are installed with SCS, but can be installed separately.[+] Show steps
Separately Installing SCS Utilities on UNIX
- On the Management Framework 8.1 product CD in the appropriate directory under
locate a shell script called install.sh.
- Type the file name at the command prompt, and press Enter.
- Type y to specify that you want to install only the utilities, and press Enter.
- Enter the full path of the directory in which you want to install the utilities, for example, /opt/genesys/scsutil, and press Enter. The installation displays the list of files being extracted and copied to the destination directory.
- Enter the bit version of the system on which you are installing the utilities, either 32 or 64, and press Enter.
Separately Installing SCS Utilities on Windows
- On the Management Framework 8.1 product CD in the appropriate directory in:
locate and double-click setup.exe to start the Genesys Installation Wizard.
- On the wizard's Welcome page, click Next to start the installation.
- On the Solution Control Server Installation Mode page, select Solution Control Server Utilities, and then click Next.
- On the Choose Destination Location page, do one of the following to specify the directory where the utilities will be installed:
- Click Next to accept the default directory.
- Specify a different path and directory by entering it in the text box or using the Browse button. If necessary, use the Default button to reinstate the original default. Click Next to proceed.
- On the Ready to Install page, click:
- Back to update any installation information.
- Install to proceed with the installation.
- On the Installation Complete page, click Finish.