|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Place and Agent Status
PlaceStatus is the status of a DN linked to the place with the highest priority according to the DN Status Priority Table, specified as the DefaultDNSPT configuration option found in the [statserver] section.
Place status is computed from the actions occurring on all DNs and/or media channels belonging to that place using the following algorithm:
- A place that has no devices or media channels, has NotMonitored status.
- The voice-only status of place is computed from the statuses of voice devices (for example, voice DNs or voice-enabled multimedia DNs) belonging to that place, according to the algorithm described in the section below.
- The other-than-voice status of a place is computed from the statuses occurring on media channels and logged-in media-enabled multimedia DNs:
- For a place that has neither media channels nor media-enabled multimedia DNs, but does have voice devices, place status is equivalent to voice-only status.
- For a place that has no voice devices, but does have media channels and/or nonvoice-enabled multimedia DNs, place status is equivalent to nonvoice status.
- For a place that has both voice devices and media channels and/or nonvoice-enabled multimedia DNs, place status is computed as follows; the first satisfied condition defines place status:
- If voice status is higher than NotReadyForNextCall, then place status is equivalent to voice status.
- If nonvoice status is higher than voice status, then place status is equivalent to nonvoice status.
- If the place has media channels, voice devices, and no login to a voice device occurs at the place, then place status is equivalent to nonvoice status.
- Place status is equivalent to voice status.
For Stat Server 8.1.0-, reconfigure a Place object only when no agent is logged in to the corresponding place. Dynamic reconfiguration of a Place object with a logged-in agent might affect Stat Server reports on the place status.
When several DNs of any DN type are associated with the same Place object, Stat Server uses the following algorithm to determine the voice-only place status:
- If an agent is currently logged in at the extension or position (Stat Server 8.1.0-), and if the status of the Extension or Position has a higher priority than NotReadyForNextCall, Stat Server uses only statuses of DNs of the Position or Extension type in calculating place status.
For the status of an Extension DN to affect the status of a place, an agent must be logged in at a position if there is a position DN (Stat Server 8.1.0-) that belongs to the same switch.
Stat Server treats a position DN accompanied with one or more extensions that belong to the same switch as a single multi-line phone. In other words, Stat Server models a place with a single position and one or more extensions as a multi-line phone.
To prevent Stat Server 8.1.0-, in the calculation of the place status, from using the status of an extension that does not have an agent currently logged in, set the position-extension-linked configuration option to no.
- If an agent is currently logged in at the extension or position (Stat Server 8.1.0-), and if the status of the Extension or Position has a lower or the same priority as NotReadyForNextCall, Stat Server uses statuses of type Extension and Position, and the statuses of all other types of DNs at which agents are currently logged in, in calculating place status.
- If an agent is currently logged in at a DN of a type other than Extension or Position, Stat Server 8.1.0- uses only statuses of DNs at which agents are currently logged in, in calculating place status.
- If no agents are currently logged in at the DNs associated with a Place object (Stat Server 8.1.0-), Stat Server uses statuses of all DNs in calculating place status. When the resulting status is WaitForNextCall, and if the place does not contain DNs of the Voice Treatment Port type, Stat Server substitutes the place status to NotReadyForNextCall.
- If the agent, place, or DN is disabled, Stat Server sets the status of the disabled object to Monitored, regardless of the value of the ignoredisabled- objects-in-group-statistics configuration option.
In the 8.1.0- release, on the Meridian 1 switch, Stat Server might incorrectly report the status of a Place object when that place contains two physical phones and an agent is assigned two login IDs. In this case, when the agent logs in to one of the two phones, the agent status might be reported as NotReady. The status will be incorrect until the agent logs in to the DNs of the Position type on both phones and the WaitForNextCall action starts for both DNs.
For nonvoice-only interactions occurring at a place, Stat Server assigns the highest priority status among all media channels that are registered at the place.
In Stat Server 8.1.0-, if an agent is logged into a place, agent status inherits the status of the place; otherwise, agent status is LoggedOut.
In Stat Server 8.1.2+, agent status is LoggedOut if the agent is not logged in to any DN/media-channel. Otherwise, the same algorithm as for the place (above) is used to compute agent status based on DNs/media channels (possibly, belonging to different places), where the agent is logged in. Meridian extensions without agent login are also used for agent status computation, should there be an agent login on the associated position (extension and position must belong to the same place).