The basic sequence of events for deploying Genesys Pulse Advisors is shown below. This sequence is repeated throughout the book to help you understand where you are in the deployment process.
Advisors integrate with the Genesys Management Layer. The deployment summary below is specific to Advisors deployment; it assumes that you have installed the Local Control Agent (LCA) on any servers that require it, and that you have configured your Application and Host objects. During the deployment of the Advisors components, some installers will prompt you for information about Applications, Hosts, LCA, and the Solution Control Server (SCS).
You configure Stat Servers as connections to the Advisors Genesys Adapter (AGA) Application object in the Genesys Configuration Server. See Manage Advisors Stat Server Instances for information.
- Install the databases that correspond to the Advisors products that you will deploy; you will also need to grant privileges to the Platform user:
- Advisors Genesys Adapter metrics database
- Advisors Platform database
- Metric Graphing database
- To the Platform user, grant select privileges on the data source views.
- Create the Advisors User account in Genesys Configuration Server.
- Install the Platform service on servers where it is required for Advisors components. The Platform service is a prerequisite for installing the following components:
- Advisors Administration
- Advisors Web Services
- WA Server
- FA Server with rollup engine
- CCAdv/WA/FA Accessibility services
- CCAdv/WA Resource Management console
- Install each adapter that you will use and configure the adapter Application objects with Stat Server connections.
- Install the Advisors components for your enterprise:
- Contact Center Advisor server (CCAdv XML Generator)
- Workforce Advisor server
- Frontline Advisor server
- SDS and the CCAdv/WA Resource Management console
- Validate the database. See the recommendations for Oracle users.
- Make any required configuration changes.
- Run the Advisors migration wizard, if necessary. For information about when to run the migration wizard, see the Pulse Advisors Migration Guide.
The Platform server nodes on which you install Advisors Web Services are called the presentation nodes. These are the nodes to which all user requests will be routed. For example, Apache proxy pass redirects are expected to be routed primarily to these presentation nodes. Installing Advisors Web Services is sufficient to enable all of the Advisors dashboards (that is, the Contact Center Advisor, Workforce Advisor, and Frontline Advisor dashboards).
On these presentation nodes, you can install optional additional services such as the Metric Graphing service, the CCAdv/WA/FA accessible dashboards, or the Resource Management console.
When you install the WA Server or FA Rollup engine server on the Platform server nodes, the nodes are called server nodes.
For performance reasons, Genesys recommends that you avoid installing the server components (WA Server or FA rollup engine) and the Advisor Web Services on the same Platform server node.