Multiple Advisors Deployments on One System
You can deploy more than one distinct Advisors deployment on one system (see the Figure – Multiple Advisors Deployments on one System). Each Advisors deployment has its own independent configuration, and its own databases.
To manage this:
- There are three port numbers that Advisors modules use to communicate; these are stored in properties files after installation:
- ActiveMQ.properties governs aspects of Java Message Service (JMS) communication.
- Caching.properties defines the port used by the distributed caching facility.
- The Platform installer accepts and sets values for Apache Tomcat configurable ports. The properties of the Apache Tomcat configurable ports are defined in apache-tomcat-<version>\conf\catalina.properties.
The Platform application server will not work correctly if there are ports that are not defined or if there are invalid port numbers.
The Advisors installer supplies default values for these ports. It saves the values you choose, default or different, in the properties file created by the installation. You can change these values for a second deployment of Advisors, and preserve the values in the ant.install.properties file to be used when re-installing.
The default value in the Platform installer for the Java activeMQ.port is 61616.
The default values in the Platform installer for the distributed caching ports are:
The default values in the Platform installer for the Apache Tomcat configurable ports are the following:
- HTTP Port=8080
- HTTPS Port=8443
- AJP Port=8009
- JMX Port=9999
- Management Port=8005
The following Table shows the configuration file associated with each installer screen on which you enter port-related values. The Table also shows the port properties that are saved, and which you can re-configure post-installation.
|Platform Installer Screen||Corresponding Configuration File||Port Property|
|Application Server Configuration||apache-tomcat-<version>\conf\catalina.properties||HTTPPort, HTTPSPort, JMXPort, managementPort, AJPPort|
|Cluster Node Configuration||conf/ActiveMQ.properties||ActiveMQ.port|
|Cache Configuration||conf/Caching.properties||distributed.caching.port distributed.caching.maxport|
|Workforce Advisor Server - IEX TotalView||conf/WorkforceUtilization.properties||ftpService.port|
Workforce Advisor contains an FTP server that accepts data directly from the IEX TotalView data source.
The nodes of an Advisors deployment (Advisors 1) use a set of values for the ports on every system on which the nodes are installed. For example:
- ActiveMQ.port 61616
- distributed.caching.port 11211
- distributed.caching.maxport 11212
The nodes of a second Advisors deployment (Advisors 2) must use different values for the ports. For example:
- ActiveMQ.port 61617
- distributed.caching.port 11213
- distributed.caching.maxport 11214
Recommendations for Configuration
Genesys recommends the following configuration for multiple deployments on one system:
- Separate the two Advisors deployments by tenant in the Genesys Configuration Server. If you cannot do this for any reason, then separate the object permissions for the respective connection users (that is, the Advisors user for each of the nodes) in the Configuration Server so objects are not used in both nodes.
- Deploy two separate Apache instances. Ensure the Apache configuration file (httpd.conf) for the Advisors Platform node for which you entered port numbers (that is, the node that does not use the default port numbers) includes the same HTTP and AJP ports as specified in the Platform installer. For example, if you specified AJP port 8019 and HTTP port 8015 for your second Platform instance, then the Apache configuration file must use those same port numbers for AJP and HTTP proxy passes in the ProxyPass sections.