Create the Advisors Databases
Use the procedures in this section to install the databases that Pulse Advisors require. Installation of the databases is the first step in Advisors deployment.
The arrow icon in the following roadmap indicates where you are in the Advisors deployment process.
- Install the databases that correspond to the Advisors products that you will deploy. Perform the database installation in the following order:
- AGA metrics database
- Grant select privileges on all AGA metrics views to the Platform user.
- Metric Graphing database
- Advisors Platform database
[+] REVIEW IMPORTANT INFORMATION HERE
If the Oracle Platform deployment script issues the following error, ORA-20001: spCreateOneSourceView ORA-01031: insufficient privileges, and you are sure that the Platform user has been issued all necessary privileges, then you might have role-based Oracle security set for the Platform user by your DBA. Make sure you take the deployment script from the current_user sub-folder in the installation package. You can apply the correct script on top of the one that you applied previously, ignoring the exceptions about existing objects and primary key violations. Alternatively, you can ask your DBA to recreate the user and the privileges and apply the correct script.
If your installation package does not contain a current_user folder, edit the following scripts by replacing all entries of DEFINER with CURRENT_USER and repeat the database deployment process.
- If initially you used advisors-platform-<version>_Schema.sql or advisors-platform-<version>_ObjectsPlus.sql, edit these scripts:
- If initially you used advisors-platform-<version>_ObjectsCustom.sql or advisors-platform-<version>_ObjectsDefault.sql, this would be the only script to edit.
If you prefer, you can contact Genesys Support to obtain the edited scripts.
Alternatively, you can set up the enhanced Oracle security to run Advisors applications as an application user with least privileges. For instructions, see Least Privileges: How to Configure Advisors Database Accounts with Minimal Privileges.
If necessary, run the Advisors Object Migration utility. You must run the Advisors Object Migration utility when:
- You first install Advisors in an environment with a new Configuration Server or when you move an existing Advisors installation to a new Configuration Server.
- If any of the required Business Attributes folders that Advisors components use are not already present in the Configuration Server.
- If you decide to enable metrics that are not yet present in your Configuration Server.
- If you decide to use the Advisors default rollup configuration. Starting with Advisors release 9.0.001.06, a brand new Platform database contains a set of Advisors default hierarchy objects that must be added to the Configuration Server to make the automatic configuration visible on the dashboard. The automatic configuration consists of all base objects mapped to the default hierarchy. For more information, see Contact Center Advisor Default Rollup Configuration in the Contact Center Advisor and Workforce Advisor Administrator User's Guide.
- If you perform a new installation in an environment that previously had an Advisors release installed that was older than release 8.5.1. In this case, remove all FA metrics that are in the Configuration Server and then run the migration wizard to populate all FA and CCAdv metrics and hierarchy business attributes.
- Create the Advisors User account in Genesys Configuration Server.
- Install the Platform service on servers where it is required for Advisors components. The Platform service is a prerequisite for installing the following components:
- Advisors Administration
- Advisors Web Services
- WA Server
- FA Server with rollup engine
- CCAdv/WA/FA Accessibility services
- CCAdv/WA Resource Management console
- Install each adapter that you will use and configure the adapter Application objects with Stat Server connections.
- Install the Advisors components for your enterprise.
- Contact Center Advisor server (CCAdv XML Generator)
- Workforce Advisor server
- Frontline Advisor server
- SDS and the CCAdv/WA Resource Management console
- Make any required configuration changes.