- 1 Configure Oracle Metrics Data Sources
Configure Oracle Metrics Data Sources
This page describes how to configure a connection to your Oracle metrics data sources for Pulse Advisors.
Configure a Connection to AGA Metrics Schema on the Same Oracle Instance as the Platform Schema
Use the information in this section to configure connectivity to the AGA metrics schema where the AGA data source is on the same Oracle instance as the Platform schema.
|1. Do one of the following:
|2. Test the connectivity by verifying that the following select statements return 0 or more rows if executed by Platform user-schema owner:|
SELECT * FROM <aga metrics schema>.AGENT_SKILL_GROUP_REAL_TIME;
Configure a Connection to AGA Metrics Schema on a Different Oracle Instance than the Platform Schema
Use the information on this tab to configure connectivity to the AGA metrics data source when it is installed on a different Oracle instance than the Platform schema.
Before you begin:
- The tnsnames.ora file, located on the Oracle instance where the Platform schema resides, must contain a SID entry for the Oracle instance where the AGA metrics schema is located.
atlanta12 = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST =p3458atl12 .us.prod.company.com)(PORT = 1521)) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = orcl12. us.prod.company.com)))
You can locate your tnsnames.ora file in the $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory.
- To ensure a database link can be created, the user who will perform this operation must be granted the following permission:
GRANT CREATE DATABASE LINK TO <platform user>
|1. Create a database link inside the Platform schema or a public database link.|
|2. Test the links from SqlDeveloper or run a select statement as Platform user.|
Configure a Connection to Cisco ICM Data Source from Platform Database on Oracle Instance
Use the information on this tab to configure connectivity to the Cisco ICM data source (ICM AWDB) when the Platform database is installed on an Oracle instance.
Before you begin:
- Identify all ICM AWDBs that must be accessed by CCAdv and WA, as well as the SQL Servers that host those databases.
- Ensure that SQL Server accounts exist on all SQL Servers that host the ICM AWDBs accessed by CCAdv and WA.
- Ensure that each MSSQL Server account (see preceding bullet) has the MSSQL master database as a default database.
- Ensure that each ICM AWDB that must be accessed by CCAdv and WA has a user mapped to the relevant SQL Server account (see preceding bullets). The minimum requirement is that this user has permissions to select the data from the following CISCO source AWDB views:
- AWDB Controller_Time table
- Ensure the user has the preceding object-level permissions or this user is assigned to an equivalent user-defined database role. If it is allowed by your organization’s security policy, the user can be assigned to any database standard role that includes the above minimum permissions. As an example, the user can be assigned to the standard db_datareader role.
- Ensure the Oracle Database Gateway for SQL Server is installed.
- Ensure the Gateway Initialization parameter file(s) exists for each Cisco ICM data source used by CCAdv and WA.
- Ensure the Oracle Net Listener configuration file has an entry for every gateway instance that exists for Cisco ICM data sources.
- Ensure the Oracle database that hosts the Platform schema is configured for Gateway Access and its tnsnames.ora configuration file contains a separate entry for each gateway instance. The alias from each such entry is used as database link creation parameters.
For detailed information about SQL Server security configuration, see the online documentation for Microsoft SQL Server at http://msdn.microsoft.com.
For detailed information about Oracle Database Gateway for SQL Server installation and configuration, see http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18283_01/gateways.112/e12061/sqlserver.htm.
|1. Create – or have your DBA create – a separate database link for each ICM source using a corresponding gateway instance. The links can be created inside the Platform schema or they can be created as public database links.|
Create database links using the following pattern:
|2. Test the links from SqlDeveloper or run a select statement against the whole set of views as Platform user.|
The configuration of ICM data sources is now complete.