Managing the Start and Stop of Advisors Applications
You can create a Pulse Advisors Solution object that gives you centralized control of the Advisors Application objects. This page describes how to configure the Advisors Solution object, and provides information about managing the automatic restart of Advisors components.
Configuring Advisors Application Objects as a Solution
Using a Genesys configuration interface, such as Genesys Administrator or Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX), you can create an Advisors Solution object that gives you centralized control: you can start, stop, and run the components as a group, rather than as individual Applications.
The following procedure describes how to configure the Advisors Application objects as a Solution. The procedure can be used in High Availability (HA) configuration, as well.
Procedure: Create an Advisors Solution object
To create an Advisors Solution object using existing Advisors Application objects. Once the Advisors suite is configured as a Solution, you can start, stop, and run the Advisors components as a group using either Genesys Administrator or the Solution Control Interface (SCI). You can use an Advisors Solution object if you plan to use the Solution Control Server (SCS) to manage the restart of the Advisors Applications. Genesys recommends that you avoid configuring an Advisors Solution object if you will manage the auto-restart of the Advisors Applications using other external task schedulers, such as the operating system's scheduler (for example, Windows task scheduler). For more information, see Configuring Advisors Applications to Restart Automatically
- Ensure the Advisors Application objects exist that will be part of the Solution.
- You will need a "third-party" Application configured for every Advisors Web Services node that you want to control with the Solution.
- Follow the Creating Solution Objects procedure, available on the Solutions page in the Genesys Administrator Extension Help, to create the Advisors Solution object. Note the following recommended settings for an Advisors Solution:
You must select an option for Solution Type, but note the following limitations:
- If you select Default Solution Type or Framework, you might have problems to start and stop the Applications with the Solution Control Interface (see the Note related to this topic in the Creating Solution Objects procedure).
- If you specify the type as Unknown, the Solution might fail to save.
For Application Type, use Genesys Generic Server for Advisors. Enter the precise version number of the Generic Server template in your system.
If the Generic Server template version you enter does not match that of the template used for the Advisors Application objects, then you will not be able to start or stop the Solution; its commands will be disabled in menus and toolbars.
If the Generic Server template versions are different for some of the Advisors Applications, make an entry for each version on the Application Definitions tab.
In the Application Definitions tab, you can use a Startup Priority of 1.
- In the Applications tab, set the following startup priority for the Advisors Applications (it is acceptable to use the same Startup Priority number for more than one Application; Applications that have the same startup priority setting will start concurrently):
Advisors Genesys Adapters (for Frontline Advisor [FA] and/or Contact Center Advisor [CCAdv]) = 1
CCAdv XML Generator = 2
FA Server = 2 or 3
Advisors Administration, Platform, and Advisors Web services = 4
Workforce Advisor (WA) server = 5
Configuring Advisors Applications to Restart Automatically
Genesys Applications can be configured to restart automatically when the Advisors server machines are restarted. When configuring the Advisors Application objects to restart automatically, Genesys strongly recommends that you use the procedure on this page to configure the Applications as a Solution because it allows you to specify the recommended startup order for the components. However, you can use the Advisors Solution object only if you plan to use SCS to manage the automatic restart of the Advisors Application objects. If you do not use SCS to control the restart of Applications, then an alternative method for automatically restarting the Advisors components is to use your server's OS-based tools for controlling services.
Additional Recommendations for Advisors Automatic Restart
In addition to other recommendations on this page, Genesys also recommends the following when configuring Advisors Applications to restart automatically:
- Use only one tool to manage the restart of Advisors Application objects. When you use SCS to manage the restart of the Advisors Application objects, you might experience conflicts if you also manage Advisors Applications with other external task schedulers, such as the operating system's scheduler (for example, Windows task scheduler).
- Avoid using the Starting Applications Automatically procedure in the Framework Management Layer User's Guide because it gives you no control over the order in which the Applications restart, which might cause issues when starting up Advisors Applications.
This page was last modified on September 17, 2018, at 09:55.