Your lead or your administrator can send messages directly to you or your group by using the Interaction Workspace Broadcast Message function. You might receive business-type messages or system-type messages.
Examples of business messages include:
- Performance reminders
- Instructions for you or your workgroup
- Information about upcoming events or requirements
Examples of system messages include:
- Switch is out of service
- Channel voice is out of/back in service
- The Universal Contact Server is out of service
If you receive a message, a Message Preview interactive notification is displayed on your desktop.
Message priority might be indicated by one or more of the following methods:
- Audio cue
- Color border around the message preview
- Message type indicator graphic
- Priority text (for example: High)
If a Message Preview interactive notification is displayed on your desktop, you can do one of the following:
- Click Show—Displays the message window. The message is also displayed in the My Messages area of the Main Window. The message is marked as Read.
- Click Dismiss—Closes the Message Preview. The message is displayed in the My Messages area of the Main Window. The message is marked as Unread.
- Do nothing—The Message Preview is dismissed automatically after a time interval that is defined by your system administrator; the message is displayed in the My Messages area of the Main Window. The message is marked as Unread. If you are using the Gadget, the message is also accessible by using the Gadget Main Menu to open the My Messages window.
The Message Window contains the full content of a message that has been directed to you or your group. As well as displaying the content of the message, the Message Window also might contain the following information:
- Message Type—This information might be conveyed by text, the title bar, and/or an icon.
- Priority—This information might be conveyed by text and/or by the color of the border that surrounds the information about the message.
- Topic (target audience)
- Other data that is defined by your administrator
The My Messages view of the Main Window, or the My Messages window that is opened from the Gadget, provides you with up-to-date information on the status of your contact-center, changes related to your activities, and business messages sent by your leads.
To open the My Messages view in the Main Window, click the Messages button. Click the Messages button again to close the My Messages view.
In the Messages view, the messages are displayed in a scrolling list with the most recent message on the top.