The Responses view enables you to access a database of prewritten standard responses for your interactions. You can insert these responses as replies into any outbound interaction, such as an e-mail or a chat message, or you can read them to the contact during a phone interaction.
After inserting a response into an outbound interaction, such as an e-mail or a chat message, you can modify the contents of the text.
Using the Responses View
To access the Responses view, click the vertical RESPONSES button on the active-interaction window.
The Responses view comprises two main areas, the Search and Filter area and the Responses Explorer.
Search and Filter
The Search and Filter area enables you to specify keywords for which to search in your company's Standard Response Library. It has the following features:
- Search field—Enter the keyword for which you want to search, and click the magnifying-glass icon to initiate the search.
- Search type—A drop-down list that enables you to search using one of the following strategies:
- Any Keyword Search—Find all responses that contain at least one of the specified keywords.
- All Keyword Search—Find all responses that contain all of the specified keywords.
- Exact Text Search—Find all responses that contain the specified keywords in the order in which they are specified.
- Basic/Advanced Search—Specify where to search for the specified keywords; enables you to limit or expand the search.
- Responses Names—Search for the keywords in the names of the responses.
- Responses Body Text—Search for the keywords in the body of the responses.
- View—A drop-down list that enables you to view:
- All Responses—All of the prewritten responses that are available for you to use.
- Favorite Responses—Those prewritten responses that you have designated as favorites.
- Suggested Responses—Responses are selected automatically, based on categories, and sorted according to their relevance to the content of the incoming interaction. You can select an auto-suggest response and insert it into your reply. Then, you can modify the text of the auto-suggest response as necessary. Responses are ranked according to their relevance to the incoming interaction. You can choose to sort by Response name, Relevance, or Parent category by clicking the respective column head in the Responses List view.
Note: The search is applied to the selected view; to clear the search criteria and display all contents, click the X in the search field.
The Responses Explorer contains a tree view of folders (standard-response categories) and pages (standard-response documents). You can change the view to a sortable table view of response documents and Parent Category folders.
The Responses Explorer enables you to:
- View the responses that meet the criteria that you have specified in the Search and Filter area.
- Navigate the responses folders and documents by clicking folders to open or close them and clicking documents to select them.
- Insert standard-response text into the current interaction at the insertion point by selecting a response document and then clicking Insert Standard Response Text ().
- Add the currently selected response document to your list of favorites by clicking Add Standard Response into Favorites Responses ().
- Remove the currently selected response document from your list of favorites by clicking Remove Standard Response from Favorites Responses ().
- Show results in List view or in Tree view by clicking the View Mode button ().
- Show and hide the responses details area by clicking the Show Detail/Hide Detail () button.
- View the contents of the selected response document in the responses details area.
- Copy content from the responses details area and paste it into the message area of your e-mail or chat interaction.