Transport Layer Security
Also known as TLS. An industry-standard protocol for secure communications on the Internet. It is the successor of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) 3.0.
Genesys supports the use of the TLS protocol to secure data exchange between Genesys components.
Local Control Agent
Also known as LCA. A daemon component of the Management Layer that controls all daemon applications that are running within Genesys Framework. A Genesys-supplied software module that is loaded to each server platform that hosts one or more Genesys server modules. The purpose of LCA is to monitor the operating status of all locally running Genesys software modules, report errors, and restart modules if they stop operating.
Installing Genesys Info Mart
This page provides a high-level overview of the steps to prepare the Genesys Info Mart Server host and install the Genesys Info Mart application and Genesys Info Mart Manager, the user interface for administering Genesys Info Mart operations.
Before You Proceed
Before you can install Genesys Info Mart components, make sure that you have:
- Configured the Application object for Genesys Info Mart Server. For more information, see Configuring the Genesys Info Mart Application.
- Set Genesys Info Mart–related options in relevant configuration objects. For more information, see Configuring Supporting Objects.
Overview: Installing Genesys Info Mart and Genesys Info Mart Manager
Prepare the Genesys Info Mart Server host.
Verify and, if necessary, install or modify system information about the following supporting software components:
- Genesys Local Control Agent (LCA)
- Java Development Kit (JDK) or Server Java Runtime Environment (Server JRE), including the PATH and JAVA_HOME environment variables
- The Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) driver, including the CLASSPATH environment variable
For more information, see Preparing the Genesys Info Mart Server host.
(Optional) Enable Transport Layer Security (TLS)Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol on the connections from Genesys Info Mart Server to Configuration Server and Message Server.
For more information, see Enabling Secure Connections.
Install the Genesys Info Mart Server application.
Install Genesys Info Mart Server, using instructions that are appropriate to your environment:
- Installing the Genesys Info Mart application (Windows)
- Installing the Genesys Info Mart application (UNIX)
Verify the Genesys Info Mart Server host setup.
Verify that the operational parameters of the Genesys Info Mart Server host conform with Genesys Info Mart requirements. For more information, see Verifying Host Requirements.
Install Genesys Info Mart Manager, the management GUI for monitoring and controlling Genesys Info Mart jobs.
Install and then open Genesys Info Mart Manager. For more information, see:
Ensure time synchronization in the deployment.
Verify that the system times are synchronized on all hosts on which Genesys applications and databases are running. Otherwise, Genesys Info Mart might report inaccurate data.