Database Access Point
Also known as a DAP. An object that provides the interface between an application in the Genesys installation and the databases to which the application requires access. Refer to the Framework Database Connectivity Reference Guide for more information about configuring and using DAPs.
Preparing Interaction Concentrator
This page provides a high-level overview of the steps to prepare the Interaction Concentrator applications (ICONs) and Interaction Databases (IDBs) to capture and store reporting data for Genesys Info Mart. Before you install your Genesys Info Mart application, refer to this page and the links it provides.
Overview: Preparing Interaction Concentrator for Genesys Info Mart
Set up ICON(s) to capture information to support detailed reporting about contact center configuration, interactions of any type, and related agent activity.
Set up the ICON applications to capture and store data from instances or high availability (HA) pairs of data sources:
- Configuration Server, for Configuration details
- T-Server, for Voice details
- Interaction Server, for Multimedia details
- Outbound Contact Server (OCS), for Outbound Contact details
(Optional) Provide support for high availability (HA) of reporting data.
Set up redundant ICON applications to store ICON details in an HA set of redundant IDBs. For more information, see Enabling High Availability.
(Optional) Minimize the required database storage space, while supporting detailed reporting of interactions of any type and of related agent activity.
Set up the ICON application to exclude extra details from being stored in IDB. For more information, see Controlling IDB storage.
(Optional) Set up ICON to capture attached user data to support detailed reporting of interactions of any type.
Indicate what user data ICON should store in IDB. You must include all key-value pairs (KVPs) that Genesys Info Mart requires for data processing, as described in Genesys Info Mart and Attached User Data. Optionally, include any additional KVPs that you require for end reports. For more information, see Enabling Reporting on User Data and Customizing Attached Data Storage.
Enable extraction of ICON details from the IDBs for reporting purposes.
- Create the IDB instances that are required for your deployment. For more information about the SQL scripts that Interaction Concentrator provides, as well as information about how to execute the scripts to create the IDB schema, see the Interaction Concentrator Deployment Guide for your release.
- Ensure that the database access account that the ETL jobs will use to access IDB data is available and has the required user account privileges (see Database Privileges).
- Genesys Info Mart jobs automatically execute the scripts to modify IDB so that the jobs that extract, transform, and load data extract relevant reporting data. However, if you are adding IDBs to an existing deployment, you might still choose to perform this step manually, for reasons that are described in Preparing IDBs. See the instructions on that page for more information about executing the scripts to update IDB.
Verify correct configuration for database connectivity between ICON and IDB.
- Verify configuration settings on the DAPs that enable ICON(s) to access IDB(s). For more information, see the Interaction Concentrator Deployment Guide for your release.
- Verify that all required DAPs have been added to the Connections tab of the applicable ICON Application objects.
Prepare other objects, as required, to support detailed reporting about interactions of various media types.
Configure ICON-related settings on other objects:
- Switch (for Voice or Multimedia details) — For more information, see Configuring the switch for ICON and Genesys Info Mart reporting.
- DN (for Voice or Multimedia details) — For more information, see Configuring a DN for ICON and Genesys Info Mart reporting.
- Field (for Outbound Contact details) — For more information, see Configuring the storage of OCS record field data.
Verify correct configuration for connectivity between ICON and its data sources.
Verify that all data sources from which information is required to be captured have been configured to be available. Specifically:
- The data sources are included in the connections of the applicable ICON applications. Interaction Concentrator Configuration and Installation explains the configuration of the ICON Application object in the Genesys Configuration Layer, including the connections to configure for data sources on the Connections tab of the Application.
- All data-source applications that you want Genesys Info Mart to consider to be active are enabled.