BOE 3.1 and BI 4.1 are created and documented by SAP. SAP provides detailed information about the operation of the Universe Design Tool, Information Design Tool, Web Intelligence, InfoView, Designer, and other BO or BI applications. Access this SAP documentation from the following sources:
- from the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform Documentation CD,
- if you are a direct SAP customer, from the SAP website,
- if you obtained BO software through Genesys, from the SAP website.
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (BI) 4.1 is the business intelligence software that powers GI2 Release 8.1.3 and later. Earlier GI2 releases are powered by SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI (BO XI 3.1).
Genesys Interactive Insights
Also known as GI2. A presentation layer that extracts data from the Genesys Info Mart database, and presents it in readable reports to enable business and contact center managers to make better business decisions for streamlining operations, reducing costs, and providing better services.
For Genesys Cloud customers, depending on the release of Genesys Cloud that you are using, historical reporting is available through either the Genesys Interactive Insights (GI2) interface, or through Genesys CX Insights. See also Genesys Info Mart, Reporting and Analytics Aggregates (RAA), and Genesys CX Insights (GCXI).
Reporting And Analytics Aggregates
Also known as RAA. An optional Genesys Info Mart process that creates and populates predefined aggregation tables and views within an Info Mart database. RAA aggregation tables and views provide the metrics that summarize contact center activity to facilitate reporting, and serve as the primary source of data for the Genesys CX Insights (GCXI) and Genesys Interactive Insights (GI2) historical reports. RAA is required for Genesys CX Insights and GI2 environments.
Genesys Info Mart
Documentation for Genesys Info Mart is available on the Genesys Documentation website:
- Genesys Info Mart Operations Guide, for information about Genesys Info Mart jobs such as Job_AggregateGIM, and the Genesys Info Mart Manager, which you can use to manage Genesys Info Mart jobs.
- Genesys Info Mart Deployment Guide, for information about configuring the Genesys Info Mart and Interaction Concentrator servers to recognize user data.
Reporting and Analytics Aggregates
- Reporting and Analytics Aggregates Deployment Guide, which describes the runtime parameters and configuration options mentioned in this document.
- Reporting and Analytics Aggregates User’s Guide, which describes the different modes of running aggregation, the aggregation hierarchies, and how to configure Reporting and Analytics Aggregates (RAA) to aggregate data based on these user-defined dimensions.
- The Physical Data Model documentation for your RDBMS, which describes the aggregate tables and subject areas:
Genesys Interactive Insights
- Genesys Interactive Insights Deployment Guide, which will help you install, start, stop, and uninstall the Genesys-provided image of BI and the GI2 reports and universe.
- Genesys Interactive Insights Universe Guide, which describes, in detail, the reports and measures that are provided in the GI2 release.
- Genesys Interactive Insights User's Guide, which includes a report- customization example that displays aggregated results that are sectioned by your own custom user data.
BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
- Business Intelligence Platform User Guide—SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1 Support Package
- Business Intelligence Launch Pad User Guide—SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1 Support Package
- Information Design Tool User Guide—SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1 Support Package
Additional documentation for Genesys products is available, as follows:
- The Genesys Glossary provides a comprehensive list of the Genesys and computer-telephony integration (CTI) terminology and acronyms.
- Genesys Migration Guide, available on the Genesys Documentation website, provides documented migration strategies for Genesys product releases. Contact Genesys Customer Care for more information.
- Release Notes and Product Advisories for this product, which are available on the Genesys Documentation website.
Information about supported hardware and third-party software is available on the Genesys Documentation website in the following documents:
- The Genesys Interactive Insights page in the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide
- Genesys Supported Media Interfaces Reference Manual
- Genesys Hardware Sizing Guide, which provides information about Genesys hardware sizing guidelines for the Genesys 8.x releases. For additional system-wide planning tools and information, see the release-specific listings of System-Level Documents on the Genesys Documentation website (docs.genesys.com).
Genesys product documentation is available on the: