New Features by Release
Changes in this Document
- Genesys recommends configuring a separate Message Server for the iWD GAX Plug-in to prevent log files becoming excessively large. See Adding/Removing a Dedicated Message Server for iWD GAX Plug-in.
- New Troubleshooting topics.
New in 8.5.0
Re-architecting of IWD
Most of the deployment and configuration of iWD is now carried out using new components and interfaces. Some of the effects of this change are:
- Standardization of many of the procedures involved with deployment and configuration, using new components as well as a refreshed iWD Manager component.
- A completely new user configuration interface based on the Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX) plug-in.
- Removal of support for configuration using the Genesys Configuration Manager client.
The changes are detailed as follows:
- iWD is now deployed by means of a new GAX Automatic Service Deployment (ASD) plug-in component called iWD Setup Utility.
- iWD configuration is now performed via Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX) and a new iWD GAX plug-in component. Specifically, the following aspects that were previously carried out in iWD Manager have now moved:
- Tenant profile (to GAX)
- Lookup tables (to iWD GAX Plugin)
- Services (to iWD GAX Plugin)
- Generic capture point (to GAX)
- Data Mart Services (to iWD GAX Plugin)
- Departments and processes (to iWD GAX Plugin)
- Audit history (to a centralized log database)
- Security policy (to Genesys Administrator, using Role-Based Access Control (RBAC))
- The IWD Data Mart Services view is now replaced by a GAX dashboard monitoring the state of the Data Mart node.
- Data Mart can now run as a standalone Java module and is now managed directly using Solution Control Server.
- The modules and components mechanism is removed from iWD Manager.
- The Business Context Management Service (BCMS) functionality is moved to the Genesys Rules Engine.
- IWD Manager is now used primarily for task management and monitoring using the Global Task List.
- Support for legacy capture points is removed.
Deployment/Configuration Using Genesys Administrator Extension
- Support for configuration using the Genesys Configuration Manager client is withdrawn in release 8.5.0.
- You must use Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX) together with the iWD GAX Plugin component for deployment and configuration in release 8.5.0.
- Support for Unresponsive Process Detection in iWD Runtime Node
Additional Database Server Support
- Support for SQL Server Cluster 2008
- Support for MS SQL Server 2012
- Support for MS SQL Server 2012 Cluster
Additional Platform Support
- Support for Windows Server 2012 64-bit native
- Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 64-bit native
Additional Virtualization Platform Support
- Support for Windows 2012 Server Hyper-V
Additional Servlet Support
- Support for Java 7 SE bundle
- Support for Java 7 EE bundle
Additional Servlet Engines
- Support for Websphere 8.5
Additional Browser Support
- Support for Google Chrome
- Support for Internet Explorer 10 and 11
- Support for Firefox 24ESR
- Internet Explorer 7
- Firefox 3, 4
- MySQL - all versions
- Oracle 10g and 10g RAC
- IBM AIX 5.3
- MS Windows Server 2003
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- Solaris/SPARC version 9
- WebSphere Application Server 6
intelligent Workload Distribution 8.5 Deployment Guide Systems, Platforms and Compatibilities Summary
This page was last modified on December 19, 2014, at 04:19.