Preparing for Installation
- iWD 8.5.0 requires Genesys Administrator Extension version 8.5.000.47 or later.
- Tomcat web application server must be stopped. Stopping is optional for WebSphere Application Server.
- A supported web application server, such as Tomcat or WebSphere, must be installed on the computer(s) on which iWD will be installed. For production deployments, install the iWD web applications and the Genesys Rules System web applications on separate instances of the application server.
- A supported database server must installed for the iWD Data Mart.
- The following are required:
- OpenJRE 7 for Linux
- IBM JDK 7 for Websphere
- IBM JDK 6 or 7 for AIX
- Oracle JRE 7 for Windows. Please see http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html.
- For customers using Tomcat, Genesys only supports Java JDK 7. Java SDK can be downloaded from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
Support for RHEL 64-bit Platforms
Installers support installation of Red Hat Linux 64-bit platforms only when RHEL standard compatibility packs for 32-bit platforms have been installed. These packages have generic names like:
- libstdc++* '
You might also need to ensure that the JAVA_HOME variable points to the correct JDK.
This DVD contains the following components:
- iWD Runtime Node—Runs scheduled iWD Data Mart services.
- iWD Manager—A graphical user interface (GUI). iWD Manager is used for real-time management of tasks. In 8.5.0 it also contains iWD Setup Utility, which is an XML file containing iWD-specific configuration and setup information.
- iWD GAX Plugin—Business configuration of the iWD solution.
- iWD Stat Extensions—Stat Server Java Extensions that provide Stat Server clients, such as CCPulse+, the ability to request and display current-day statistics from iWD’s Data Mart.
Configuration of Application Servers
It is necessary to configure your application server to successfully run iWD and the Genesys Rules System. Apache Tomcat and IBM WebSphere are supported.
Installing on Tomcat
If Tomcat is running as Windows service:
Add the following Java options to the Tomcat service configuration:
For iWD Manager, configure the initial and maximum memory pools to 256 and 1024 megabytes.
If Tomcat is running as Windows console application:
Add the following to the setenv.bat file:
- set JAVA_OPTS=-XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xms256M -Xmx1536M -Dcom.genesyslab.platform.commons.connection.factory.class=com.genesyslab.platform.commons.connection.impl.netty.NettyConnectionFactory
On UNIX machines:
Edit the setenv.sh file and add the following:
- export JAVA_OPTS="-XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xms256M -Xmx1536M -Dcom.genesyslab.platform.commons.connection.factory.class=com.
setenv.sh and setenv.bat files:
By default, setenv.sh and setenv.bat files are not present after the installation of Tomcat, so you need to create them manually under the Tomcat_installation/bin directory and correctly configure the access rights on UNIX machines properly for these files.
Installing on WebSphere
- Log in to the WebSphere Integrated Solution Console.
- Select Servers > Application Servers and select a server from the list.
- Then continue to > Server Infrastructure, Java and Process Management > Process Definition > Java Virtual Machine.
- In Generic JVM Arguments, add these settings, if not present: -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Dcom.genesyslab.platform.commons.connection.factory.class=com. genesyslab.platform.commons.connection.impl.netty.NettyConnectionFactory
- Configure the initial and maximum heap size, using the same guidelines as for Tomcat.
- If installing on WebSphere 7.0 or later, add this Generic JVM parameter: -Dorg.ajax4jsf.cache.CacheFactory=org.ajax4jsf.cache.OSCacheCacheFactory
- Restart the application server.