Migration to 8.5.0
Before Migration-Genesys Rules System
- From GRAT, export templates as an XML file.
- From GRAT, export each rule package as an XML file.
- Create a new database for GRS 8.5.
- Install GRS 8.5 and point it to the newly created database.
iWD Migration from 8.1.1
- From iWD Manager 8.1.1, export the configuration to .xml files. All tenants must be exported.
- Install Genesys Administrator Extension 8.5.000.47.
- Upgrade the Genesys Rules System to 8.5.001.
- Install iWD 8.5 components including iWD Plugin for GAX.
ImportantiWD Manager has a new template in 8.5— this must be upgraded as well.
- After iWD Manager is installed, configure roles and privileges for IWD.
- Upgrade the Business Process.
- Upgrade the Standard Rule Templates.
- Start GAX. Make sure, that iWD Plugin for GAX is available.
- If setting up a new system, make sure that:
- All tenants are already created (the migration script does not create Tenants).
- The Interaction Server application and Database Access Points (DAPs) are defined.
- The Runtime Node application and Runtime Node DAP application are defined.
python main.py –t <tenant_name> -r <tenant_runtime_id> -i <tenant_export_file>.xml –s <system_tenant_export_file>.xml –g <GAX_URL> -u <username> -p <password> -v –d <mapping_file>.ini
DELETE FROM ETL_AUDIT WHERE PROCESS_NAME = 'Load_Config_GTL_DM'
The mapping.ini File
The mapping_file.ini is a standard ini file. It contains three sections:
- DAP—Defines the mapping of the solution to the Database Access Point application.
- Inx—Defines the mapping of the solution to the Interaction Server application.
- JDBC—Defines the mapping of the Interaction Server application to the JDBC URL string.
# 'DAP' section adds mapping to Database Access Point # used by solution: # <solution name> = <Database Access Point application name> [DAP] selenium_solution = iWD_Node_selenium2_DAP selenium_solution2 = iWD_Node_selenium22_DAP # 'Inx' section adds mapping to Interaction Server # used by solution: # <solution name> = <Interaction Server application name> [Inx] selenium_solution = InteractionServer_812 # 'JDBC' section adds mapping to Event Log: # <Interaction Server application name> = <JDBC url string> [JDBC] InteractionServer_812 = jdbc:evo:oracle:@//localhost:1521/xe
This mapping is required to properly tie associate Configuration Server’s components. Note that in case of applications (DAP, INX), the migration script requires that they must be defined and configured in Configuration Server.
After Migration- Genesys Rules System
In GRAT 8.5, using newly created DB repository:
- Import templates from the XML file.
- From each solution, import appropriate rule packages from the XML file.
- Deploy each rule package to GRE 8.5.
- Export templates from GRAT as XML file.
- Export any rule packages as XML files.
- Delete and recreate the business structure
- Import templates from the XML files.
Migration From Releases Prior to 8.1.1
No direct migration process is supported from releases earlier than 8.1.1 to 8.5.0. To migrate from these earlier releases, you must first migrate to 8.1.1.