The Statistics Adapter Service allows performance of custom aggregations on data and sends the resulting statistics to Genesys Stat Server. Statistics then can be viewed in CCPulse+ or any other Stat Server client.
Historical reporting is enabled by a number of ETL jobs that transform and load iWD runtime data into a separate reporting database that is called the iWD Data Mart for a list of preconfigured ETL jobs). Essentially, the iWD Data Mart is a set of star schemas that contain historical iWD data that is optimized for reporting. The ETL jobs are set up as scheduled services in iWD. Refer to the iWD 8.5 Data Mart Reference Guide for more information.
Configuring CCPulse+ for iWD
In Genesys, iWD current-day statistic measure types are presented as statistic objects, and iWD statistic dimensions are defined as filters. Therefore, it is necessary to combine statistic objects with filters in order to get a measure type for a dimension.
- The iWD Data Mart database has been created, and the corresponding Database service has been configured and is running.
- The Aggregate Statistics ETL job is configured and running.
- Stat Server must be running, with the iWD Stat Extensions installed.
- The Statistics Adapter service must be configured and running.
- Start CCPulse+, and connect to the Genesys Stat Server (File > New).
- In the Object Types dialog box, select the Virtual Queue object type for the corresponding Genesys tenant and switch, and click Next.
- In the Object Instances dialog box, select the virtual queue that is used by the iWD to submit statistics, and click Finish.
To be able to view iWD current-day statistics in Genesys CCPulse+, it is necessary to create a CCPulse+ template. The following procedure explains how to create a CCPulse+ template.
Creating a CCPulse+ template
To create a CCPulse+ template to use to view iWD current-day statistics.
- Open the CCPulse+ template wizard by selecting Template Wizard... from the Tools menu.
- In the Template Definition dialog box, select the Virtual Queue object type in the Available Object Types list, then select the Create New Template option, and click Next.
- In the Pre-defined Statistics dialog box, enter the template name, then click the New Group button, and enter a name for the newly created statistic group.
- Expand the TotalCustomValue stat type in Available Statistics tree view, and select the iWD statistic that you want to add to the template (all iWD statistic names have a “GTL” prefix).
- Click the >> button to add the selected statistic to the newly created statistic group.
- In the Requested Statistics tree view, select the newly added statistic, and then click the Properties button.
- In the Statistic Properties dialog box enter Alias (which is how the statistic is displayed in CCPulse+). Set Insensitivity Value to 1; set Interval Type to Selection and GTLAggregated; set Notification Node to Changes Based; and set Filter to the filter type that represents the required iWD dimension; and then click OK..
- Add more statistics and statistic groups, if necessary, and then click the Next button.
- In the Graph dialog box, adjust graph parameters, if necessary, and then click Finish.
- In the CCPulse+ main window, select the virtual queue instance that is used by the iWD to submit statistics. Create a real-time view for this virtual queue:
In the Real-Time Data Template dialog box, select the previously created template from the list, and click OK.