Web Services adheres to the standards described in the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Top 10 — see the OWASP website for details about the Top 10 — and has adopted several methods of ensuring security, for example:
- Errors are logged locally to prevent information leakage through API requests.
- User sessions have a timeout option.
- Cross Site Request Forgery Protection
Web Services includes additional security configurations that you can use with your installation:
- Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) authentication
- Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) protection
- Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) filter
For details about how Web Services handles authentication, see Web Services authentication flow.