Enabling Lightning Experience
If you're using the WWE option, complete the procedures on this page to enable, set up, and access Lightning in your Salesforce environment.
Enabling Lightning in Salesforce
- Log into the Salesforce environment.
- From the Setup page, select Lightning Experience in the left-hand navigation bar. Note: If in Salesforce Classic mode, click the Setup menu and then the Get Started button found in the left-hand navigation bar.
- In the Lighting Experience window, select Turn It On.
- Move the toggle to the Enabled state.
- A modal will pop up; click the Finish Enabling Lightning Experience button in the modal.
- In the dropdown labeled with the agent’s name at the top of the Salesforce classic view, click Switch to Lightning Experience.
Setting Up The Adapter In Lightning
Download the lightning-callcenter.xml file on your computer by right-clicking the link lightning-callcenter.xml and selecting the Save link as... option on the popup menu.
- Go to the Setup page by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner and clicking Setup.
- Using the quick find field, search for and access the Call Centers settings page.
- Click Import.
- Click Choose File.
- Select the lightning-callcenter.xml file downloaded on your computer. If you have not already downloaded the file, right-click the link lightning-callcenter.xml and select the Save link as... option to download.
- Click Import.
- From All Call Centers list, click the call center you just imported. For example, GPlusLightning.
- Click Edit.
- In the CTI Adapter URL field, replace 'GWSHOST' and 'GWSPORT' with the host and port details of the adapter in your environment. For example, an updated URL will look like this: https://bec135-gws.live.genesys.com/ui/crm-workspace/index.html?crm=lightning
Note: If you are deploying the adapter with Single-Sign-On (SSO) capability, ensure that you add the &authType=saml parameter at the end of the CTI Adapter URL. For example, an updated URL with SSO capability will look like this: https://bec135-gws.live.genesys.com/ui/crm-workspace/index.html?crm=lightning&authType=saml
- Click Save.
- Click Manage Call Center Users.
- Click Add More Users.
- Search the interface to find the users you want to add to the Lightning adapter. .ImportantA user cannot be added to both the Lightning and non-Lightning adapters
- Select the users you want to add and click Add to Call Center.
- Using the quick find field, access the App Manager settings page.
- In the apps list, click the Show more actions drop down on the far right side of the adapter app you wish to use.
Note: If you do not see any apps in the list, you can create one by clicking New Lightning App.
- Click Edit.
- Click Utility Bar.
- From the Utility Bar window, click Add and select "Open CTI Softphone".
- Change the Label field to "Workspace".
- Click Done.
Accessing the Adapter
- In the top-left corner, click the App Launcher icon:
- Select the app that you created when setting up the adapter.
- Click Workspace from the bar at the bottom-left to open the adapter.
- Log in to the Adapter.