Installing and configuring Jetty
Jetty version 9 is a mandatory component that must be installed and configured on each Web Services node prior to starting the installation and configuration of Web Services and Applications.
- You have installed the latest Java 1.7 JDK 64bit for Linux. For more information, refer to the Java documentation.
- Download the latest Jetty version available in stable-9 from Eclipse.
- Copy the Jetty archive to the installation directory. For example: /opt/jetty
- Use a tar utility to extract the files. For example: tar -zxvf jetty-distribution-9.2.1.v20140609.tar.gz
- Start Jetty to confirm it has been installed correctly:
[java_path]/java -jar [jetty_path]/start.jar
- [java_path] — The path to your Java installation. For example, /usr/bin.
- [jetty_path] — The path to your Jetty installation. For example, /opt/jetty.
- [host] — The host name (fully qualified domain name) or IP address where you installed Jetty.
You should see a 404 error page from Jetty.