Component Capacity Test Case Tables
Capacity test case results for the GVP components appear in the following tables:
- Media Control Platform Capacity Testing (Physical Servers Running Windows)
- Media Control Platform Capacity Testing (Physical Servers Running Linux)
- Media Control Platform / Media Server Capacity (Virtual Servers)
- Resource Manager and MRCP Proxy Capacity Testing
- Reporting Server Capacity Testing
- CTI Connector and CTI Connector with ICM Capacity Testing
- PSTN Connector and SSG Capacity Testing
For additional sizing information for Genesys Media Server with SIP Server, see the chapter “Genesys Administrator” in the Genesys Hardware Sizing Guide. The capacity testing results for the Media Control Platform are described in the next three topics. Tests were performed using a single instance of the Media Control Platform on Windows and Linux systems with 2x Core 2 Quad, Xeon x5355, 2.66 GHz CPUs.
Media Services plus VoiceXML Applications: If you have both types of services on the same GVP system, then the actual performance will be a roughly proportional combination of media service performance and VoiceXML performance. As this is difficult to determine, Genesys recommends that you default to the media performance metrics if transcoding is prevalent or media services are significant.