Hardware and Operating Systems Tested[+] HOW YOU CAN USE THIS TOPIC
These configurations were tested on Windows and Linux.
|CPU|| Dual Quad Core Xeon X5355 2.66 GHz (benchmark) or higher|
(For optimal performance, Genesys recommends Xeon with Core 2 technology.)
|Memory||4GB RAM minimum, 8GB recommended|
|Network||1 Gigabit or 100 Megabit Ethernet|
|Storage||RAID 1 HDD with at least 40GB with 15 K RPM|
Operating Systems Tested
- Microsoft Windows 2008, Enterprise Edition, SP2, x64
- Microsoft Windows 2008 R2, Enterprise Edition, SP1, x64
- Microsoft Windows 2012, Enterprise Edition, SP1, x64
- Microsoft Windows 2016, x64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0, Update 4, x64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.0, x64
- Microsoft Windows 2008, Enterprise Edition, SP2, x86
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0, Update 8, x64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0, Update 8, x86
Reporting Server Recommendations
If you intend to deploy Reporting Server in partitioning mode to optimize a high-performance environment, you must ensure you are using a supported operating system. Before you deploy the Reporting Server, consider the information below.
Reporting Server Modes
All versions of Microsoft SQL Server are supported on Windows only. Reporting Server can be installed on Linux, however, the database must be installed off-board on a separate Windows host.
|Reporting Server mode||Supported operating systems|
|partitioning mode|| Oracle 10g or 11g Enterprise Edition|
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition
| standard mode
| Oracle 10g or 11g Standard Edition|
Oracle 10g or 11g Enterprise Edition
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008 Standard Edition
Reporting Server Performance in Different Modes
The Reporting Server will perform at optimal levels when in partitioning mode. In standard mode, Reporting Server 8.1.3 performance will be below optimal and comparable to Reporting Server 8.1.1 performance, which does not support partitioning. However, Reporting Server 8.1.2 and later releases in partitioning mode are much improved over standard mode Reporting Server 8.1.1 in terms of performance.