The following sections describe the licensing options in Performance DNA and Training Manager. If you have upgraded your product and your licences are still valid, there is no need to modify your existing licensing settings.
Licensing Performance DNA
The Tenant Administration part of the application is accessible through the web server’s hostname/login/admin, for example http://yourserver/login/admin.
To login to the tenant administration area, use the tenant administration account details that were specified during the install/upgrade process (see below screenshot of the relevant installer screen, note – this screen will not be available if using the command-line only installer or Azure install/upgrade script).
Once logged in you should see the Tenant Management screen.
- Click the Create New Tenant button.
- Enter the name and primary contact details for the tenant that will be using the application, then click Next.
- Enter the license details for this tenant into the boxes provided then click Next. If you do not have a licence for Performance DNA but have a licence for Training Manager, complete the host name and specify a licence date, for example 01/01/2030. The remaining licence fields should be left blank. This will result in only core Performance DNA functionality being available. It will be necessary to enter your Training Manager licence (via the steps in the following section) in order to use the system.
- Enter the administrator user details to create a new administrator for the tenant.
- Click Finish to close the wizard.
If you wish to convert Performance DNA to use Active Directory authentication rather than the default form-based login system, please consult the Installing and configuring AD authentication via the SLS Secure Token Service document.
Licensing Training Manager
To set up your Training Manager license open a web browser and navigate to the SkillsManagerWS application, for example http://localhost/SkillsManagerWS/Default.aspx (or right-click the SkillsManagerWS folder within IIS, and then select Browse).
Click the Manage Your Licenses link. A form will appear allowing you to enter your Training Manager product license. Complete the form and click the Add/Update License button to add a new product license. Alternatively, if you have already added licenses, click one of the links at the top of the form to view and/or edit the existing license(s).
The system will be available once you have either a Performance DNA licence, Training Manager licence or both. The widgets that are available in the system will be based on the licence status, i.e. all widgets for both Performance DNA and Portal will only be available if you have a valid licence for both products. If you have one valid product licence, only the widgets that are related to that product will be available. Performance DNA administrators will be able to see all Performance DNA widgets. Similarly, Portal Administrators will be able to see all Portal widgets. If you have both Performance DNA and Training Manager licences, it will be possible to assign users to both Performance DNA and Portal administrator roles so that they will be have full access to the widgets of both products. Other users’ access is restricted based on the widgets available to their assigned roles.