Default Value: false
Valid Values: true, false
Changes Take Effect: When Genesys Info Mart next enters the migration state
Controls whether Genesys Info Mart will run Job_MigrateGIM automatically if the Info Mart database schema is not up to date following migration of the Info Mart server.
- true — Genesys Info Mart will launch Job_MigrateGIM automatically if the schema is not up to date.
- false — Genesys Info Mart will not launch Job_MigrateGIM automatically if the schema is not up to date and Genesys Info Mart enters the migration state.
Default Value: 366
Valid Values: Any positive integer
Changes Take Effect: At the next run of Job_MaintainGIM
Specifies, in number of days, how far ahead the calendar dimension table will be populated. The default value specifies that the calendar dimension will be populated up to a year in advance (365 days + 1 day for leap years). Genesys does not recommend that you populate the calendar tables more than a year in advance, in case there are changes to DST or other international time standards that might invalidate the prepopulated data.
Note: Ensure that you populate the calendar far enough ahead to meet the requirements of your reporting intervals.
Reporting And Analytics Aggregates
Also known as RAA. An optional Genesys Info Mart process that creates and populates predefined aggregation tables and views within an Info Mart database. RAA aggregation tables and views provide the metrics that summarize contact center activity to facilitate reporting, and serve as the primary source of data for the GI2 and Genesys CX Insights reports. RAA is required for GI2 and Genesys CX Insights environments.
Genesys Interactive Insights
Also known as GI2. A presentation layer that extracts data from the Genesys Info Mart database, and presents it in readable reports to enable business and contact center managers to make better business decisions for streamlining operations, reducing costs, and providing better services.
For Genesys Cloud customers, depending on the release of Genesys Cloud that you are using, historical reporting is available through either the Genesys Interactive Insights (GI2) interface, or through Genesys CX Insights.
Genesys Info Mart provides several jobs that you can run when needed, or schedule to run on a periodic basis. These jobs perform routine or special-purpose functions, as follows:
- Routine functions — Genesys Info Mart provides jobs to perform the following routine functions:
- Extract data from your source databases.
- Cleanse and transform the data.
- Load the data into the fact and dimension tables of the Info Mart dimensional model.
- Optionally, calculate and load aggregated data into the Aggregate tables.
- Purge old data from the Info Mart database.
- Maintain calendar dimension tables.
- Add and delete partitions for partitioned tables.
- Starting with release 8.5.010, process General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) "export" or "forget" requests.
- Special-purpose functions — Genesys Info Mart provides jobs to perform the following special-purpose functions:
- Initialize the Info Mart database.
- Migrate your existing version 8.x Info Mart database so that it is ready for use by the current 8.x release of Genesys Info Mart.
- In PostgreSQL deployments, perform supplementary database maintenance.
- Export data from the Info Mart database to make it available for further import into a data warehouse.
Understanding the jobs
The following table describes in detail the jobs that are provided with Genesys Info Mart. For more information about how the Genesys Info Mart jobs function, see the part about how Genesys Info Mart works in the Genesys Info Mart 8.1 Deployment Guide. For information about using the jobs to extract and transform data, job interdependencies, and a sample schedule, see Managing and scheduling jobs
|Name & Function||Frequency||Notes|
|[+] Expand: Job_InitializeGIM||Once||This job automatically executes once during the first run of Genesys Info Mart after the initial deployment.|
|[+] Expand: Job_ExtractICON||Intraday, as scheduled|
|[+] Expand: Job_TransformGIM||Intraday, depending on Job_ExtractICON|
|[+] Expand: Job_AggregateGIM||Continuous, within a configured daily time period||This job is available in deployments with either Genesys Interactive Insights (GI2) reports or Reporting and Analytics Aggregates (RAA) package.|
|[+] Expand: Job_MaintainGIM||Daily, with parts of the job running as configured or as needed|
|[+] Expand: Job_UpdateStats||Intraday, as scheduled||This job cannot be run from Genesys Info Mart Manager.|
|[+] Expand: Job_MigrateGIM||Once during the process of moving from an earlier 8.x release to the current one||This job must be run from Genesys Info Mart Manager.|
|[+] Expand: Job_ExportGIM||Intraday, as scheduled||This job cannot be run from Genesys Info Mart Manager.
This job is available only in Genesys Cloud deployments.