Solution Control Server
Also known as SCS. The Genesys Framework component that serves as the control point for which SCI is the interface. Together, SCS and SCI provide the services that are described in the definition of SCI.
Solution Control Interface
Also known as SCI. A Genesys Framework component that is used to administer Genesys solutions—for example, to start or stop the solution, view logs, configure event-triggered alarms, and provide real-time status information for all Genesys applications.
Managing Genesys Info Mart
This page describes the various tools and methods you can use for starting, stopping, and monitoring the Genesys Info Mart Server.
Starting and stopping Genesys Info Mart Server
You can start and shut down Genesys Info Mart Server by using the Management Layer, a startup file, a manual procedure, or Services Manager.
Specifically, you can start and stop Genesys Info Mart Server:
- From the Genesys Solution Control Interface (SCI)
- Manually on Windows:
- (For starting only) From the Start menu
- From the console window
- As a Windows Service
- Manually on UNIX:
- From the console window
- (For stopping only) From the command line
The startup methods usually require command-line parameters that are common to most Genesys server applications, as well as an executable file name.
For detailed information about starting and stopping the Genesys Info Mart Server, including information about the command-line parameters that Genesys Info Mart supports, see Starting and Stopping Genesys Info Mart Server in the Genesys Info Mart Deployment Guide.
Viewing Software Release Information
You can determine the Genesys Info Mart release number and build, the Info Mart database schema version, and the corresponding minimum required ICON release, by entering the option -v with the command normally used to start or stop Genesys Info Mart Server. For detailed information about the command-line parameters that Genesys Info Mart supports, see Starting and Stopping Genesys Info Mart Server in the Genesys Info Mart Deployment Guide.
Viewing Genesys Info Mart Server Status
You can use SCI to monitor the status of Genesys Info Mart Server.
- When you start Genesys Info Mart Server by using SCI, the Genesys Info Mart application status reflects the status of the Genesys Info Mart Server itself, and not the status of any jobs. In other words, the STARTED status that is reported by Solution Control Server (SCS) indicates that Genesys Info Mart Server is operational, but it does not indicate whether jobs are currently running or whether a job has failed.
- When you stop Genesys Info Mart Server by using SCI, the server shuts down all currently running jobs and terminates gracefully. The STOPPED status that is reported by SCS indicates that Genesys Info Mart Server has stopped, but it does not indicate the status of jobs.
Viewing job status
To learn the job status, you can:
- Use Genesys Info Mart Manager. For more information about using Genesys Info Mart Manager to monitor Genesys Info Mart jobs, see Managing Jobs with Genesys Info Mart Manager.
- View the job status in the ADMIN_ETL_JOB_HISTORY and ADMIN_ETL_JOB_STATUS database views.
- Check the logs (for example, in the Centralized Log Database) for the job status messages.
Connecting to Configuration Server
Genesys Info Mart Server keeps an active connection to Configuration Server. This enables it to receive notification of any configuration changes that affect its operation. The Genesys Info Mart Server adjusts to any dynamic changes to the configuration options in the corresponding Genesys Info Mart Server Application object. Configuration changes that affect the operation of a currently running job take effect the next time the job starts.
If Genesys Info Mart Server cannot connect to Configuration Server on startup, it reads the values of configuration options previously stored in a local file and re-attempts to make a connection every 30 seconds.
If the Genesys Info Mart Server is able to connect to Configuration Server, it retrieves the backup Configuration Server information from the Server Info tab. If Genesys Info Mart Server later loses its connection to Configuration Server, Genesys Info Mart Server repeats the following process until a connection is established. Genesys Info Mart Server:
- Attempts to connect to Configuration Server.
- Attempts to connect to the backup Configuration Server, if configured.
- Waits 30 seconds, the time specified for the reconnection timeout.