Changing Calendar Dimension Values
This page describes how you can safely modify the settings that control the content of existing calendar dimension tables.
After the default or custom calendar dimension tables have been populated, you can safely change the values of the options in the [date-time] or custom [date-time-*] configuration section that control when Job_MaintainGIM populates the table with the next batch of calendar dimensions (date-time-min-days-ahead) and how far ahead the table will be populated (date-time-max-days-ahead).
However, if you want to change the values of any of the other date-time options during runtime, you must perform additional steps to avoid compromising the consistency of calendar data, which can adversely affect your reporting results. For example, if you change the time zone option (date-time-tz) without performing the additional steps, your reports might mix the results for different time zones within the same reporting interval.
Genesys Info Mart uses Java TimeZone functionality to populate calendar data. Therefore, it is important to keep your Java TimeZone information up to date, particularly if daylight saving time (DST) rules change. To maintain up-to-date Java TimeZone information, Genesys recommends that you use the latest Oracle Java SE platform JDK or JRE release. If this is not feasible, use the
Java Timezone Updater Tool
to update your JRE time zone data before you populate or repopulate calendars.
The following procedure describes how to change calendar dimension tables.
Procedure: Changing calendar settings during runtime
To change the values of the options that control population of an existing calendar dimension table without introducing inconsistencies into calendar data.
- If your deployment does not always use the latest Oracle Java SE platform JDK or JRE update release (which is Oracle’s preferred means of delivering timezone data updates), you have run the
Java Timezone Updater Tool to update your JRE time zone data.
- If your deployment includes aggregation, stop aggregation. For information about stopping the aggregation process, see the Reporting and Analytics Aggregates User’s Guide.
- In Configuration Manager, change the settings for the date-time options in the Genesys Info Mart Application object, as required. For information about the available options and valid values, see the configuration options reference chapter in the Genesys Info Mart Deployment Guide.
- Manually truncate the corresponding calendar table in the Info Mart database.
- Run Job_MaintainGIM. For information about running the job manually, see Running a Job Immediately.
- If your deployment includes aggregation:
- Restart aggregation.
- Re-aggregate your data. For more information about re-aggregating data over a certain time range, see the Reporting and Analytics Aggregates User's Guide.
This page was last modified on October 5, 2018, at 07:22.