If you want to work with users defined in the Genesys Configuration Layer and stored in the Genesys Configuration Database, you must use Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX) to manage those users. Refer to User Authentication and Authorization for information about how to work with these external users.
To create a user:
- Click Create a new user. The Edit User page opens.
- Enter the following information:
- Email Address - The user's email address. This address is the user's login name, as well as the email account Genesys Intelligent Automation uses for password-reset requests.
- Name - The user's display name (for example, John Smith).
- Password - The password must be between eight and 15 characters in length.
- Confirm Password - Re-renter the password.
- Role - The role for this user, which defines the permissions and features available to this user in Intelligent Automation.
- Force User to Change Password on Next Login - Select this option to force the user to change their password the next time that he or she logs in to Intelligent Automation. Depending on the policies of the organization, this might be required for first-time users, users who have forgotten their password and need it reset, or for some other reason. This setting is cleared when the password is changed, so must be reactivated each time the password is to be changed.
- Click Save.
In the Users view, click Edit beside the user account you want to edit. The Edit User page opens.
The fields in the Edit User page work as described in the Creating users section, but you do not have to specify values in the Password and Confirm Password fields if you do not want to change the user's password.
In the Users view, click Delete beside the user account you want to edit.