You can use Recording blocks to record free speech during a call. For example, you can record the caller's name for later use in a Whisper Transfer, or to record feedback at the end of a questionnaire call.
If you want to use the recorded audio later in the call, Genesys Intelligent Automation automatically creates a LastRecording variable for you to use in prompts. For example, if you record the caller's name and you want to play it back during a Whisper Transfer, use the following variable: [var:LastRecording].
Adding this block to the callflow
To add and configure Recording blocks in a callflow:
- Drag and drop a Recording block onto the appropriate position in the callflow.
- Click the Recording block to view its properties.
- In the Prompts tab, update the prompts for Initial and Timeout. The latter is used when no sound is detected.
- (Optional) In the Recording Options tab, you can enable the Save Recording After Call is Complete check box to save the recording after the call is complete.
- (Optional) In the Preferences tab, you can configure Maximum recording timeout and Recording complete timeout to specify the maximum duration of the recording.
- Click Update.
For example, you can save recordings to allow support staff to listen to a caller's response at a later time, as with questionnaire responses. However, you might not want to save recordings if you are only using them for Whisper Transfers. In this case, Intelligent Automation deletes the recording after it finishes handling the call.