Rich Messaging Support
Genesys chat solution provides the ability to use structured messages (in other words, Rich Messaging) across various chat channels, including:
|Web chat||Genesys Mobile Services (GMS) (min version required 8.5.201.04) and Chat Widget (for supported elements, see Rich Messaging in the Genesys Widgets Deployment Guide)||genesys-chat|
|Apple Business Chat (ABC)||Digital Messaging Server (DMS) and ABC driver (see Deploying Apple Business Chat in the Apple Business Chat Guide)||applebc-session|
|DMS and Genesys Driver for use with Genesys Hub (see Deploying WhatsApp in the WhatsApp Guide)|| genesys-chat
Additionally, the following components are also involved:
|Chat Server||Conduct chat session. Min version required 8.5.109.06.|
|eServices Manager||An authoring tool for creating standard responses which can contain structured messages. Graphical editing capabilities are provided for some channels together with the ability to provide raw (for example JSON) representation of a structured message.|
|Bot Gateway Server||A chat bot deployment platform that provides an API for bots to use either standard responses with structured messages, or send Rich Messaging containing native or normalized JSON format.|
|Workspace Desktop Edition (WDE)||WDE is extended with Rich Messaging functionality for specific channels via a plugin architecture. Plugins are currently supported for ABC and WhatsApp only.|
How to deploy and use structured messages
In order to start using structured messages, you'll need to:
- Configure the channel; see, Configuring structured messages.
- Deploy eServices Manager; see, Install eServices Manager.
- Using eServices Manager, create standard responses with structured content:
- For ABC and WhatsApp, see Structured Messages.
- For web chat (Chat Widget) provide the raw JSON.
- Use standard responses:
- Alternatively, you can send structured messages from a custom desktop (or custom virtual agent) through the Chat Server API in eventAttributes.
Chat Widget support
In general, the same directions described above apply to Rich Messaging elements supported by Chat Widget, with a few special notes:
- When creating the MediaOrigin business attribute in configuration management, genesys-chat must be used as a name and the [rich-media-types] section must be populated with elements supported by the Widget.
- Within the standard response for eServices Manager, raw JSON must be provided. At this time, no graphical authoring tool is provided.
- Chat Widget Rich Messaging can currently only be used from bots (running through BGS) or by a custom desktop.