Structured messages provide enhanced functionality for certain messaging applications, such as Apple Business Chat and WhatsApp. These structured templates contain metadata in the form of JSON strings that specify how to present certain widgets in chat conversations with customers.
Agents can select structured messages from their Standard Response Library and insert them into chat conversations with customers.
In eServices Manager, you can quickly identify structured messages by referring to the Structured column, as shown below:
Creating a structured message
- You must configure your environment to use structured messages. Refer to the Configuring structured messages section on the installation page for channel-specific information.
- You can use more than one Media Origin in a single structured message.
- If you select None in the Structured Body tab, the standard response is saved as plain text.
Refer to one of the following pages to create a structured message:
Additional notes for attachments
Adding attachments after uploading JSON
To create a structured message, you might choose to click Open File and manually upload a JSON file that contains a reference to a media file. However, uploading the JSON file does not also automatically upload the referenced media file. To manually attach the referenced media file, you must:
- Click Edit JSON to edit the structured message. You might see a warning that states the structured message must be saved to continue. Click OK.
- A warning appears regarding the missing media file. Click OK.
- Click Add Image (or Add Media for the Media type) to open the Edit Attachments window.
- Select and upload the media file.
- Click Insert.
Supported file types
The following formats are supported (file size must be less than 25 MB):