Valid Values: Any valid busines attribute name.
Changes Take Effect: At the next interaction
Valid Name of Business Attribute containing emojis.
Default Value: 30,50
Valid Values: A comma-separated list value: warning time, maximum time
Changes Take Effect: At the next interaction.
Defines two alarm thresholds, in seconds, that warn agents that they have a pending response to a chat from a customer. Three levels are displayed: before the warning time, between the warning time and the maximum time, and after the maximum time.
Valid Values: Name of a valid Script object of type Interaction Queue
Changes Take Effect: At next attempt to request conference to agent group or skill.
Specifies the name of the Interaction Queue that is used by the 'routing-based' feature for WhatsApp. The following attached data are added by Worskpace: IW_RoutingBasedOriginalEmployeeId ,IW_RoutingBasedTargetId, IW_RoutingBasedTargetType, IW_RoutingBasedRequestType.
Default Value: 4096
Valid Values: Any integer from 1 to 2147483647.
Changes Take Effect: At the next interaction
Specifies the maximum size of the message in bytes.
Default Value: 1
Valid Values: Any integer from 1 to 1000
Changes Take Effect: At the next interaction
The number of previous chat sessions that are shown when the Agent clicks "See older messages...".
Using the WhatsApp Plugin for Workspace Desktop Edition
This section describes using Workspace Desktop Edition to receive and handle interactions coming from the WhatsApp channel of Genesys Messaging Apps.
Receiving and handling an inbound interaction
If you are the selected internal target of an inbound WhatsApp interaction, you receive a notice on your workstation desktop. You can decide to accept or reject the interaction.
If you accept it, the WhatsApp Interaction window is displayed. This window contains information about the interaction and the controls that you need to complete the interaction.
The message area appears similar to a smartphone-based messaging app client:
- Client messages are left-aligned.
- Agent messages are right-aligned.
- Errors are centered.
- The date for when the session started is centered.
If the customer's contact information matches an entry in your contact database, the customer's name appears in the message area. Otherwise, a default nickname appears.
Additionally, if the customer previously contacted your company using WhatsApp, these previous interactions appear in the message area. Depending on your settings and the number of previous messages, you might need to click see older messages... to see previous WhatsApp messages from the current contact. Records of previous WhatsApp interactions, as well as records of other interaction types, also appear in the Contact History view in Workspace.
- Administrators can configure colors and text size. See the configuration options page for more information.
- Administrators can configure the option whatsappsession.transcript-interactions-count to specify how many messages from previous interactions appear in the chat message window.
- Administrators can configure the option whatsappsession.max-text-message-size to set the maximum size of the outbound text message, specified in bytes by converting the message string to UTF-8 encoding. A notification appears below the message area if the maximum value is exceeded. Some symbols might require additional characters, such as emojis.
Lesson: Handling an inbound WhatsApp interaction
Purpose: To handle an inbound WhatsApp interaction properly.
- You are logged in to Workspace (see Lesson: Logging in to Workspace).
- Your status is Ready for the WhatsApp media channel (see Lesson: Going Ready in the Workspace Main window).
- You are the internal target of the inbound interaction.
- A preview of the inbound interaction is displayed on your workstation desktop in an interactive-notification view. The Interaction Preview contains a summary of information that pertains to the interaction, including contact information and type of interaction. The Interaction Preview might also contain Case Information, which is part of the case data about the interaction.
- You can choose to accept or reject the interaction in the Interaction Preview by performing one of the following steps:
- Click Accept to display the interaction.
- Click Reject to return the interaction to the queue.
- Do nothing. The interaction will time out and be redirected.
- To reply to the message, just enter text in the message area. You can copy and paste selected text.
- (Optional) If necessary, you can transfer the conversation to another agent, or invite another agent to join a conference.
- Click (transfer) or (conference), and select the type of target.
- Click the magnifying glass to search by name or phone number.
- Before agents can request a conference, an administrator must:
- Set the option intercommunication.whatsappsession.queue before agents can request a conference via the Skill or Group option.
- Create a Business Attribute of type Interaction Subtype with the name InternalConferenceInvite.
- For more information on transfers, refer to the Workspace documentation topic Lesson: Starting an instant SMS transfer, which is similar to the WhatsApp procedure.
- You may wish to use some of the the features in described below. When you are finished, click Done to stop the current interaction.The information is saved in the contact history and the WhatsApp Interaction window is closed. You can also set a disposition code.
Pending response indicator
When you receive a message from a contact, a timer is started and a pending response indicator appears next to the interaction-type icon at the top of the WhatsApp interaction window (). The duration of the timer is specified by your administrator with the option whatsappsession.pending-response-to-customer. This timer indicates that you have a pending response to the contact.
The color of the pending response indicator begins as green. If you have not responded by a specific time interval, the indicator changes to yellow. If you still have not responded by a second time interval, the indicator changes to red and begins to flash. The indicator disappears after you send a message to the contact.
If you have a pending response, and the WhatsApp interaction window is not the active window, the Workspace task icon begins to flash in the Windows taskbar, regardless of the condition that is displayed by the pending response indicator. This flashing stops as soon as you navigate back to the interaction by clicking the Interaction control bar.
Your company might use workbins to manage WhatsApp interactions. A workbin is like a queue in which you can store interactions that are to be handled later. Additionally, when you log out, open WhatsApp interactions are transferred to a workbin for later use. If a customer resumes one of these interactions, it is automatically removed from the workbin and transferred to an available agent.
Click to transfer the interaction to a workbin. The interaction closes in Workspace but the session remains active in the background (server-side) and for the end customer.
To retrieve the interaction from the workbin, select the interaction and click Open, as shown below:
Standard Response Library
You can use the Workspace Standard Response Library to insert prepared replies into your conversation. Text is sent first in a separate message, followed by attachments (if any). You can click the X above an attachment file to remove it from the response.
See Using The Standard Response Library in the Workspace Desktop Edition documentation for more general information on using standard responses.
You can also use standard responses to insert structured messages (also known as Notifications) into WhatsApp interactions. These messages are used to notify customers of useful information such as account balances, service alerts, and more.
You use this feature in the same way you would use a standard response. In the Responses tab, select the standard response that uses the Notification feature and insert it into the conversation. The following is an example Notification message
After you insert the Notification, you can click either the Notification icon or Edit to access the Notification tab and edit the parameter values that are used in the message. After you are done editing, click Send to send the notification, or Cancel to cancel the action.
- See Using The Standard Response Library in the Workspace Desktop Edition documentation for more general information on using standard responses.
- Administrators can refer to the eServices Manager documentation for information on configuring structured messages for WhatsApp.
- Refer to the WhatsApp documentation for more information on using structured messages.
Click to attach a file. You can also receive attachments.
- Click the corresponding icon in the transcript area to display or play the attachment.
- Right-click the icon and select Save as... to save the attachment.
- The file size of an attached file must be smaller than 100 MB.
- The size and type of file that you can attach or receive might be further limited by your configuration.
The following attachment types are supported:
- Non-multimedia files—Non-multimedia files are opened by the default application for that file type. Currently, the following document types are supported: PDF, DOC(X), PPT(X), and XLS(X).
- Audio—An audio attachment icon appears in the message area. Select the icon to open the audio file. Currently, the following file types are supported: AAC, M4A, AMR, MP3, OPUS, OGA, and OGG.
- Images—A preview of the image appears in the message area. Select the image to open the image. Currently, only JPG/JPEG and PNG files are supported.
- Videos—A video attachment icon appears in the message area. Select the icon to open the video. Currently, only MP4 videos are supported.
WhatsApp provides a set of emojis that you can use in chat interactions.
- Click the smiley-face icon to get a selection window.
- Select an emoji.
- When you select an emoji, it appears in the message area.
- The emoji offering is determined by the setting of the whatsappsession.emojis-business-attribute option . If there are no emojis configured or no section specified in the whatsappsession.emojis-business-attribute option, the plugin displays a default set of emojis.
- Refer to the "Enabling emojis" section in the Chat topic of the Workspace Desktop Edition Deployment Guide for information on how to create the business attribute.
All URL links are shown as hyperlinks in the chat window. Click a link to open it in the system default web browser.
Incoming location is shown as a text message with a link (URL) in the chat window. Click the link to view the location in the system default web browser.
Sending outbound messages
You can initiate a conversation with a past contact using the My History view or by viewing the history for a particular contact in the Contact Directory. Select a past interaction with the contact and click .
The interaction opens and you can use the same functionality as an inbound interaction to converse with the contact.
Alternatively, if you have not yet marked an interaction as Done, you can click in the interaction control bar to create a new outbound session.
Other Workspace Functionality
While you are interacting with your WhatsApp contact, you can use the general Workspace functionality in the WhatsApp Interaction window.
- Use the Note to attach a note to the interaction history. See Managing Contact History.
- View Case Information for the current interaction.
- View and manage contact history. See Managing Contact History
- View and manage contact information. See Lesson: Finding and viewing an interaction in the contact database.
- Your account might be configured to let you assign an interaction with an unknown contact to a known contact in the contact database by using the Manual Contact Assignment feature.
- Use the Standard Response Library for pre-written text for replies and comments. Click the vertical Responses button, as shown in the Using The Standard Response Library lesson.
- Cross over into another media channel. If, as an agent, you learn other contact information, such as a contact's phone number or email address, you can manually enter this information on the Information tab. The corresponding choice for other media channels is then displayed when you click the Party Action menu that is next to the name of the contact. You can then reply by using a voice call, an email, an SMS message, or any other supported media channel for a WhatsApp contact. Workspace displays a drop-down list of available channels to access a contact.
- If you want to transfer the interaction to another internal target or consult with another internal target about the interaction, you can perform the following functions:
- Instant-transfer the interaction to another internal target. See Lesson: Starting an instant SMS transfer, which is similar to the WhatsApp procedure.
- Start a consultation with another party:
- Start an Instant Messaging consultation. See Lesson: Initiating an Instant Messaging session.
- Start a Voice consultation. See Starting a Voice Consultation.