Currently routing and reporting is not able to operate correctly in a configuration where Skype for Business IM and Genesys eServices chat are handled by the same agents. To allow chat to be deployed for agents using Multimedia Connector for Skype for Business it is necessary to suppress T-Server reporting for IM interactions. IMs can then function normally, but without Genesys having any knowledge of IM events, which means that such events cannot be reported and IMs cannot be routed. Agents continue to be reachable by IM, but IM routing will not be handled by Genesys.
This feature requires:
- T-Server for Skype for Business version 8.5.001.65.
- Workspace Plugin for Skype for Busines 8.5.001.01.
A new configuration option enables/disables this feature:
A new T-Library extension supports this feature:
- Valid values—default, disabled
- Used in—EventRegistered / EventAddressInfo for every device.
- Description—The value of the extension indicates the mode of IM reporting currently configured in T-Server.
- default—T-Server reports Skype for Business IM calls in T-Library reporting as calls with AttributeMediaType = 5.
- disabled—T-Server does not generate reporting for Skype for Business IM calls.
- The Workspace Plugin for Skype for Business must be configured in parallel mode for this feature to function correctly. If it is configured in suppression mode, the following error is generated:
- Current mode of GUI Suppression will result in IM message not seen by WDE GUI. Please reconfigure plugin to Parallel mode.
- If the T-Server option lync.sfb-window-state is set to:
- show, the conversation window will always be shown, whether it contains voice only or voice+IM.
- hide, this will hide any conversation containing voice only. If an Agent had a voice-only call whose conversation window was hidden, then the call was escalated to add IM, the conversation window will be unhidden and will show both voice+IM.
Voice-only DN configuration
For every DN that will handle only voice calls, the DN-level option multimedia in the TServer section of the DN Annex tab must be set to false. This prevents the following:
- Stat Server from considering the DN as available for IM interactions.
- The IM button in WDE from being displayed.
Workspace plugin behavior when IM suppression is enabled
- For IM calls, the Agent will need to accept a Skype toast.
- No WDE interactions will be shown or transcripts recorded by UCS.
- For any calls which began as voice then were escalated to IM, the Skype for Business client conversation window will be popped up. The Agent can exchange IM only via the Skype for Business client conversation window.
DN-level IM suppression
Directly sent IMs can be suppressed for any given DN by setting handle-direct-calls to false without setting handle-direct-calls-media or by setting handle-direct-calls-media to av. This will not prevent IMs from being routed to the DN: this must be ensured by the routing strategy logic. The workspace for such agents should be configured as per the above instructions.
- IM calls will have to be controlled manually on the Skype for Business client when IM suppression is enabled.
- WDE must be running in parallel mode to use IM suppression. If WDE is running in suppression mode with this feature enabled, the agent will not receive any IMs.
- If the Skype for Business client displays a Rejoin Skype Meeting banner, the options it offers must not be selected because the Agent might connect to a unrelated call.