Jan 18, 2019 (188.8.131.52)
- Designer is now built as a microservice, which means you'll get faster access to new features and zero downtime during upgrades.
- You can now "build once, and deploy anywhere"; a single call flow can handle both voice and chat interactions.
- Email handling — the new Send Email block lets an agent send an email to a customer, and the new Automated Message block sends an automated confirmation to a customer that their email was received.
- You can use the Bot block in the Self Service phase of your application to add a chatbot to your application. Chatbots are software applications that apply automatic speech recognition and natural language understanding to listen and respond to customers in a way that resembles a conversation with a live agent. You can define and manage your bot resources in the new Bot Registry.
- If your site is enabled for Genesys Predictive Routing, you can use the Predictive Routing block in your applications to take advantage of this powerful routing capability. This feature allows Designer to retrieve a list of agents that are best equipped to handle a specific type of call and then route the call to the agent with the highest likelihood of a successful outcome.
Streams and Builds Workflow
- Designer now features a streams-based workflow, where you can generate multiple builds of an application and assign them to different streams. For example, you can have one build of an application assigned to QA, and another build of the same application assigned to your Live operations. You can manage these builds from the application properties.
- You can now designate certain resources for use in testing, so that non-production builds do not reference resources that are being used in your live operations.
Other features and changes
- The new Manage OpenMedia Endpoints setting under Application settings lets you select and assign an OpenMedia endpoint to the application (to support Genesys Task Routing).
- The new Record Utterance block lets you capture a voice recording of a caller that can then be sent to an external API (using an HTTP Rest block) or played back using a Play Message block.
- The new Click-to-Call-In- Match block lets you compare and match a caller's information with details they provided earlier and then route the interaction accordingly.
- The Input tab of the User Input block has two new options (Service and Arg), that are added to support dynamic speech grammars.
- The User Input block has two additional tabs, Confirmation and Confirmation Retry, that let you ask customers to confirm their responses.
- A new option, Set Agent Reservation Priority to current priority option, is added to the Routing Priority tab of the Callback block to apply the current priority of the call at the time an agent was found for the callback to the agent reservation request (when using the Use Priority during Routing option).
- The Routing tab of the Route Digital block has a new option, Route to another Application, that lets you route the interaction to the interaction queue of the selected destination application.
- Speech Grammars is now called Grammars & Bots.
- Audio Resources is now called Media Resources.
- Message Resources is now called Digital Resources.
There are currently no known issues.
This page was last modified on February 27, 2019, at 20:27.