Digital Channels is a common service that provides functionality to several Genesys products, including:
- Workspace Web Edition Agent Desktop
April 19, 2019 (9.0.000.12)
- Agents can now send a new outbound message to a contact from the Communication tab. This is helpful when the agent needs to send a notification to a contact that is not in response to an SMS from that contact.
Conversation tab enhancement
- Agents can now search for contacts within the Conversation tab of any chat or social interaction. Any contact attribute (phone number, last name, email address, and so on) can be used to find a contact. The tab displays results as the agent types.
March 29, 2019 (9.0.000.10)
- Support for inbound and outgoing SMS interactions.
- Support for WhatsApp interactions including text, emoji, images, and Highly Structured Messages.
December 21, 2018 (9.0.000.06)
Asynchronous Chat support
- Asynchronous chat enables agents to continue a chat session after the initial interaction is ended by using the new Conversation tab in the interaction window or the new Communication tab in the Connect group.
- The Facebook channel enables agents to engage in private chat sessions with Facebook Messenger users and public sessions with Facebook users. This enables you to monitor and respond to public posts and replies to your organization's Facebook page in a timely manner.
- The Twitter channel enables agents to engage in private chat sessions with Twitter Direct Message users and public sessions with Twitter users. This enables you to monitor and respond to public Tweets and replies to your organization's Twitter page in a timely manner.
Genesys Task Routing
- Genesys Task Routing enables you to submit workitems to Genesys from an external source, such as Salesforce or NetSuite, and route them to the best-skilled agent. See Genesys Task Routing for details about how to enable this feature.
There are currently no known issues.