- 1 Callback
- 1.1 August 8, 2019 (9.0.026.60)
- 1.2 July 18, 2019 (9.0.025.55)
- 1.3 June 27, 2019 (9.0.000.23)
- 1.4 June 6, 2019 (9.0.000.22)
- 1.5 May 16, 2019 (9.0.000.21)
- 1.6 April 18, 2019 (9.0.000.19)
- 1.7 April 4, 2019 (9.0.000.18)
- 1.8 March 21, 2019 (9.0.000.17)
- 1.9 March 7, 2019 (9.0.000.16)
- 1.10 February 27, 2019 (9.0.000.15)
- 1.11 February 7, 2019 (9.0.000.14)
- 1.12 December 28, 2018 (9.0.000.06)
- 1.13 Known Issues
- August 8, 2019 (9.0.026.60)
- July 18, 2019 (9.0.025.55)
- June 27, 2019 (9.0.000.23)
- June 6, 2019 (9.0.000.22)
- May 16, 2019 (9.0.000.21)
- April 18, 2019 (9.0.000.19)
- April 4, 2019 (9.0.000.18)
- March 21, 2019 (9.0.000.17)
- March 7, 2019 (9.0.000.16)
- February 27, 2019 (9.0.000.15)
- February 7, 2019 (9.0.000.14)
- December 28, 2018 (9.0.000.06)
- Known Issues
August 8, 2019 (9.0.026.60)
UI styling enhancements
- The following Callback UI pages have been re-designed for an improved user experience:
- Tools > Queues
- Tools > Callback Search
- Tools > Permitted & Blocked Numbers
- Unchecking Canada or Unites States at the top of the Permitted & Blocked Numbers page now correctly removes the country from the Currently Selected Countries list. (GES-1732)
- An issue has been fixed that, in rare scenarios, caused changes to a Permitted & Blocked Numbers rule to be saved automatically instead of being discarded when the user navigated away from the rule without clicking Save. (GES-1729)
- Custom date ranges now work correctly for users who set their browser language to Australian English. Previously, depending on the date range that was specified, the Callback UI might generate an error and fail to save the custom date range setting. (GES-1709)
- Previously, an error was posted on the Errors page if someone tried to cancel a callback that was in the PROCESSING state. That error is no longer tracked on the Errors page. (GES-1700)
July 18, 2019 (9.0.025.55)
UI styling enhancements
- The following Callback UI pages have been re-designed for an improved user experience:
- Tools > Capacity
- Tools > Click-To-Call-In Config
- Developer > Errors
- Developer > Credential Management
- When UTC mode is selected as a display option for the Callback UI tab, the server now correctly uses UTC time for date ranges instead of the local time zone. (GES-1681)
- An issue has been fixed that could cause localized date formatting (based on your browser's language setting) to display incorrectly in the Callback UI. (GES-1685)
- An issue has been fixed that occasionally caused an unexpected server error (1001). (GES-1688)
June 27, 2019 (9.0.000.23)
Updates to Callback metrics
- Callback metrics on the Callback tab in the UI now include the name of the user who created, cancelled, rescheduled, or recreated the callback. The username is captured for these actions only when they are performed in the Callback UI.
Changes to callback record storage
- Callback records are now stored for 14 days; the 14 days start at the Desired Callback Time. The Callback TTL (seconds) setting in the CALLBACK_SETTINGS data table no longer has any effect on how long a callback record is stored.
- Genesys continues to improve text, styling, and performance in the Callback UI.
- The callback ID now displays correctly when you search for a callback record using Tools > Callback Search. Previously, when using a customer's number to search for a scheduled callback, the UI found the information for the record but failed to display the callback ID.
- The occasional failure to fetch callback details while a callback was in the PROCESSING state has been fixed. Previously when this happened, no metrics were available in the UI for the callback record once the state reached COMPLETED.
- Using a complete and valid URL to search for an error on the Developer tab now works correctly. Previously in this scenario, the Developer tab sometimes failed to return any results.
June 6, 2019 (9.0.000.22)
- Callback now supports the Click-To-Call-In (Immediate) scenario. Consumers tap a ClickToCall button in your mobile app to initiate a call to your contact center. For more information, see Callback Scenarios.
- To implement the Click-To-Call-In scenario for Callback, you must configure at least one Click-To-Call-In group. You provision the Click-To-Call-In Groups on the new Tools > Click-To-Call-In Config page. For more information, see Configuring Click-To-Call-In Groups.
Updates to the Patterns page
In the Callback UI, improvements have been made to the Tools > Patterns page, including the following:
- The Patterns page has been re-named to Permitted & Blocked Numbers.
- It is no longer possible to delete a rule when it is assigned to a queue.
- When you select a rule, the names of the queues to which the rule is assigned are now listed on the page.
- The page now includes a Save button. Previously, rule settings were saved automatically.
Updates to the Capacity page
In the Callback UI, improvements have been made to the Tools > Capacity page, including the following:
- A message displays at the top of the Capacity page that indicates the number of queues to which the selected capacity rule is assigned.
- You can now delete a capacity rule as long as it is not assigned to any queue.
- You can enter up to 1000 callbacks per time slot.
Updates to the CAPTCHA tab
- Minor text fixes and styling updates have been made to the Developer > Credential Management > CAPTCHA tab.
May 16, 2019 (9.0.000.21)
- You can now configure capacity rules on the Tools > Capacity tab to specify the maximum number of scheduled callbacks that are allowed within each time slot for a week. After rules are configured, assign them to queues. For more information, see the Configuring Capacity Rules article.
Updates to the Callback tab
- Advanced Options improvements:
- Styling updates have been made to the Advanced Options window to enhance clarity.
- A Select All checkbox is now available for filtering the grid based on the different callback states.
- Custom Date Range improvements:
- Minor text fixes and styling updates have been made to the Configure Custom Date Range section of the Advanced Options window.
- Custom date entries in the time range drop-down menu on the Callback tab are now prefixed with Custom.
RBAC and Line of Business filtering
- The Role-Based Access Control and Line of Business filtering that was described as an upcoming feature in an earlier Release Note is now fully implemented. For more information, including a note about the migration of roles, see the Controlling User Access article.
- Users with the Developer role may now access the following areas under the Developer tab:
- Allowed CORS Domains for troubleshooting Web integration with Callback services. For more information, see the Using the Developer Tab article.
- Credential Management > CAPTCHA for provisioning reCAPTCHA to protect against bot-based attacks for a customer's Callback Services integration.
- Previously, users might have encountered an error message that indicated that the system Failed to Fetch All Callbacks for Queue <queue-name>. The issue that caused the error message has been fixed. The error message sometimes displayed during start up of the Callback UI or when users refreshed the list of callbacks using the F5 key when there was a large number of callbacks in the system (for example, 10,000 or more). (GES-1354, GES-1350)
- Name recordings that are made when a customer initially requests a callback are now working correctly. Previously, name recordings were not played back to the customer during the callback attempt. (GES-1477)
April 18, 2019 (9.0.000.19)
- To avoid initiating callbacks to numbers that you know to be fraudulent, you can now configure number validation rules on the Tools > Patterns tab. In addition, you can create rules that specify a list of countries to which you allow callbacks. After the rules are configured, apply them to queues.
April 4, 2019 (9.0.000.18)
- The Callback UI now includes a Developer tab that provides access to a set of tools to facilitate or troubleshoot developer integration efforts. A user must be a member of the Callback Developer or Administrator Role to access the Developer tab. For more information, see Using the Developer Tab in the Callback documentation.
Support for Push Notification
- The Callback UI now includes a Push Notification page on which you enable push notification configuration for features that can leverage this capability. A user must be a member of the Callback Developer or Administrator Role to access the Push Notification configuration page. For more information, see Provisioning Push Notifications in the Callback documentation.
- The Callback UI now includes a Tools tab, which offers additional views and tools to assist with callback management, configuration, and troubleshooting. A user must be a member of the Administrator, Supervisor, or Developer Role to access the Tools tab. For more information, see Using Callback Tools in the Callback documentation.
- Security improvements have been made to the Callback application.
March 21, 2019 (9.0.000.17)
- The URLs for all of the Callback UI web pages now include /ges/app/*, rather than /ges/ui/* or /ges/react/* .
- You can now successfully recreate a callback using the automatically-generated Desired Date value without any manual intervention. Previously, when you tried to recreate a completed callback using the Desired Date that the application selected, you received a Please select a valid callback time error. In this scenario, the only way to recreate the callback using the auto-generated date was to open the calendar and select that date. (GES-1160)
- Callbacks no longer return error messages when in the PROCESSING state. Previously, the interface generated an error message about a failure to get diagnostic data when a call was being processed. (GES-1300)
March 7, 2019 (9.0.000.16)
- Colors and styling have been updated on the Callback login screen and throughout the UI.
- Styling issues have been fixed in the Callback Advanced Options window. Previously, long queue names did not display properly in the Advanced Options window and users could sometimes experience issues when scrolling through the list. (GES-1148)
February 27, 2019 (9.0.000.15)
- Support for environments that use MPLS. (GES-1121)
- The Callback tab now displays all pages of results when you filter the list and more than 250 callbacks are returned. Previously, Callback would sometimes display only one page of callbacks in this scenario (subsequent pages failed to display). (GES-1149)
February 7, 2019 (9.0.000.14)
Features Coming Soon
Role-Based Access Control
- Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) gives you customized control over user activities within the interface. Using RBAC, you can define Roles such as Administrator, Developer, Monitor, and Supervisor, and then configure access control that is appropriate for each Role. Users can then perform only the tasks allowed for the Role to which they are assigned. For example, a user with a “Monitor” role can log in to the Callback interface and view the list of callbacks, but cannot make any changes. RBAC will be available for use with the Callback application when Platform Administration has been updated to support this feature for Callback. Watch this Callback Release Note for future updates.
Restricting user access based on lines of business
- You can limit the scope of what logged-in users can see and access based on your lines of business. Currently, any user who is logged in to the Callback application can see all callback requests as long as the user has access to that tab in the user interface. Using the line-of-business filtering feature, administrators have the option to limit which callback requests a specific group or user can view. For example, if you have a Sales group, then you can allow that group to view only callback requests for Sales. The ability to limit user access based on lines of business will be available for use with the Callback application when Platform Administration has been updated to support this feature for Callback. Watch this Callback Release Note for future updates.
December 28, 2018 (9.0.000.06)
Genesys Callback enables you to provide a deferred option to connect consumers and agents at a mutually beneficial time, and provides support for Call-In behavior.
Callback is a generic product name that includes support for many scenarios and triggering sources including:
- Immediate (as soon as an agent is available) or Scheduled Callback offers
- IVR in-queue callback.
- Web or mobile callback — Public API-driven from mobile apps, Web sites, or the Genesys Widgets for Callback.
- Click-To-Call-In — A mobile app requests call-in details provided immediately or when an agent becomes available.
- Additional public APIs for queue Estimated Wait Time (EWT) and office hours availability
- Web administration UI for general management (list, create, cancel, reschedule callbacks)
Genesys Callback is enabled through Genesys Engagement Services (GES), the successor to Genesys Mobile Services (GMS) in the cloud. Designer is used to configure Callback.
There are currently no known issues.